What does he mean by "I'm just not there"?

So I hung out with my group this weekend and we all got hammered. I told my crush I liked him. We met today to talk about things because drunk talk is not accurate. I told him again that I liked him and that I was glad he knew. Because I would be less awkward. He said I wasn't awkward but he could tell I liked him and that I have an amazing personality. He said to me that he is "just not there". And wanted to stay friends and I agree with that because we are in a doctorate program for three years together. He was really happy when I agreed with him. Then we hung out for two hours after that. I don't mind being friend zoned because he is an amazing guy but I know there is something there. I am going to date around but I don't think I will loose interest anytime soon.

Do you guys think I still have a chance to be more than friends with him? And what does "just not there" mean to a guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• he will be interested after the completion of the doctorate program. he wants to focus on studies. you can see after the program how he behaves with you. as per your description, 8th proves that he doesn't dislike you.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He doesn't feel the same.

• He isn't interested