What do you do when the fear of rejection never goes away?

1317

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't do anything. You either sit around sulking and alone thinking that it's not worth asking that cute girl out just incase you face rejection or you swallow your insecurities and jump right in there. Rejection is part of life, not everyone likes everyone and that's the reality of it. Don't let your demons control you, what's the worst that could happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• That fear will never go away. But it can be managed!

If you're heading into a situation thinking you're going to be rejected, guess what will happen?

Keep things friendly and unassuming. As much as you want this one person, and present your positive traits, try to actually get to know her and see if she is right for you.

Start reading books like think and grow rich, 7 habits of highly effective people. It might help you.

F. E. A. R = false events appearing real... get out of your head, it's a dangerous place to live.

What Girls Said 12

• Just accept that rejection is normal. You won't always get what you want. Being rejected frees up your time to pursue something else.

• You should watch the ted talk "100 days of rejection" .. it was quite funny but has a way of showing you another perspective on rejection :)

• Everyone is scared of rejection and probably always will be.. rejection sucks rather its from a love interest, job, or people just in general. Not everyone will accept you but instead focusing on those people.. focus on the ones who already do.

• Honestly, you just have to get over it, and it's easier said than done. Rejection comes from every corner of life, and the way I look at it - you either live your life in fear of rejection and die wishing you hadn't, or look back thinking, "Well, I did what a could."

Basically I drive myself crazy being afraid of dying with regret and do something stupid and get it over with.

• You become WGTOW or MGTOW

• Fear of rejection doesn't go away. Some people are just better at putting that fear aside and bouncing back from it.

If it's to the extent that it's interfering with a person's life though, they might want to seek help for their anxiety.

• I have talked to her I just am scared to show interest.

• Try focusing on getting to know her better. That way, you'll get more comfortable with her, and you can gauge whether or not she's also interested in you.

• wait more

• Not sure it ever goes away until you are in a committed long term relationship.

However fears are part of life. While I haven't had the fear of rejection from a partner (I'm married), I do deal with rejection from his family and mine. Potential friends also provide another way to be rejected.

While I will sometimes take a break from trying, I keep trying. Guess I'm not willing to give up.

• you buy a ranch for cats

• Everyone is afraid I'm being rejected. All the time. It's not going to go away. You just screw up the courage to proceed despite it. Courage doesn't mean not being afraid. Courage means acting despite the fear.

• You have to make it go away... life doesn't happen top you, you make it happen.

• You just learn to deal with it. I'm almost 30 and still have that fear. In everything. Not just when it comes to dating.

What Guys Said 16

• As time has gone on, I've just given less and less of a shit, to the point where I don't even care anymore. I'm doing my own thing.

• It eventually goes away and you move on. But during the moment, you realise that rejection is part of life and just because one person dismisses your interest doesn't mean somebody else won't be interested in you. And it takes a lot of courage and a positive attitude to keep trying over and over until you succeed.

• It'll never go away. You just need to embrace it and push through. The fear isn't the problem. It's your will.
    Practice exercising your will by jumping into cold showers. No hesitating.

• People have no idea of the power of cold showers. No idea. A true life changer

• You get up and ask her for her name. At that point you're too commited to back out. Dont think, just go ask for her name. No planning beyond that

• You talk to multiple women so you don't CARE if one rejects you.

• The only way to overcome this is practice, the fear of rejection occurs only if you're new to something. You're 27, so I'm assuming that you might have done a lot of jobs, think about your first interview you were extremely nervous but when you get rejected a few times it still hurts but you know how to handle that. It is exactly the same with girls. Tip: Stop masturbating for a while.

• You learn to keep attempting even with the fear of rejection on your shoulders, until people give you chances even though you tried them out fearing rejection.

• you live a sad, lonely, unfulfilled life.

• Suffer

• I get rejected by everyone and that fear never goes away.

• I suck it up, they're missing out not me

• I just don't bother women anymore

• I've ended up staying lonely.

• Let them approach you. Make them deal with the fear of rejection. 😈

• they don't approach. maybe 1 out of 200000 of a chance for a woman to approach a man

• there are more reasons to want a girlfriend than sex man. i want companionship, adventure, and more in addition to sex

• No there isn't 😂 You already get companionship from your friends and you can go on adventure with close people (family, best friends, female friends).

The only difference in all of this is that you don't bang you friends and family at the end of the night, you bang your girlfriend.

• I don't fear rejection. I fear what might happen if she says yes. Rejection is easy, the unkown is what scares me. Also it means that I will get more attached to her and she might not want to go out again.

• I agree! rejection is the easiest outcome. not best but easiest,

• @JayGarrick

i understand. i guess to get rejected all the time would just not feel positive anymore. i think i just like it when im already doubting a situation. its closure in that case.

• I understand I want that also but I gave up on it cause when you want it so badly you get used by people who seem to be there for you. However your blinded to it until it is to late.
      When a I like a girl. I would rather she just reject me or accept me. I have been on a few pity dates and they suck. You can completely tell even though the other person is try to not show how little they like it.
      I'll wait around for a woman to want me enough to give an encouraging and excited yes.