I'm a musician with a crush on a deaf girl, help me out?

I have a crush on this really pretty girl in one of my college classes. She is deaf but that isn't a problem to me. The problem is that although she is in a class with me, I am too shy to try to initiate contact with her. Her sign language interpreter is always with her and I honestly don't want to ask to get to know her through another person. Yes, I'm willing to pick up ASL, but another thing holding me back is that I'm a musician. Music Means the world to me and I eventually would like to be a touring musician after finishing college.

Should I try to talk to her? If so, how should I go about and try to get to know her?

64

Most Helpful Girl

• AWWW THIS IS SO RICKIN CUTE
    Pick up ASK and live in the moment with her. You can ask her if shed be okay with you touring in the future when you get to know each other better. Rock on man! I love seeing other musicians wanting to go professional, I wish you the best!

Most Helpful Guy

• Deaf people can experience music by feeling. Like there's schools where they turn up the music eally loudly and with base and the kids lie on the floor and they can feel it from the vibration. I saw a report lol. You just have to overcome your fear it's not easy but you can do it ! :) Just tell the interpreter that you're into her and want to ask her out I'm sure the person will be helpful :)

What Girls Said 5

• Hand her a note. And deaf people love musicians. You sit her near and touching the piano or amp and she'll feel the vibrations of the music.

• How would her being deaf stop your dreams?

• It wouldn't stop my dreams but I just don't know how to start talking to her.

• Perfect because I'm a bassist

• Well there you go lol as for communicating with her without her interpreter, try writing her a note. People don't write much anymore. Remember that spoken word is one of the few forms of communication but isn't absolutely necessary. Try giving her a smile as well and see how she responds.

• Learn how to sign. 😊

• I don't know if it's true but I saw in a movie once that deaf people can still "listen" to music through the sound waves they emit, you can feel them if you put your hands on a speaker etc.

I think you should go for it

• yes you should talk to her, can she read, because if she can read then just write her a letter!!!

What Guys Said 3

• This sounds like it could be the plot of a cheesy romance movie.

• Sometimes deaf people can be very good at picking up vibrations from music and can keep a beat very well. If you want ti sign to her learn how to sign your name and finger spell with at least some amount of coherence. Im in a ASL class right now and it is pretty easy to pick up finger spelling.

• Remember man there all always more fish in the ocean, and also when you travel for music you meet another lady!!! But I'm sure she would really appreciate if it you took her to a movie