The less you say the better your chances are with women?

Is it true to talk less with women, because the chances of you saying something stupid are lower?

914

Most Helpful Girl

• Well that's true of anyone, the more you talk the more you stand the chance of puttingyour foot in your mouth but it's also harder for them to form an attachment or really get to know you... so you have to decide which is more important.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• No, if you don't say much she'll think you don't have the social skills to hold a proper conversation or you aren't interested in talking with her.

• So what is the right amount of talking?

• Omg that's way too much for me to take in

• And yet something you really should try to understand.

• I find on this site -guys show interest in me then I do something or say something and they aren't interested anymore. It also happens when I answer people's questions.

• Lol then you'd seem like a recluse or uninterested and your plan would backfire.

• No I like talkative people

• Not really especially for a girl who is talkative.

• Depends on the women. I personally love a guy that can carry on an intellectual conversation

• only if you're stupid and you know it lol I love a good conversation and I'm more of a listener, but that's just me and I do think most women like a man who can listen and actually pay attention to what they say for once

• Intelligent people can say stupid things too. Women just want to hear certain things, and its hard to know what.

• haha nope, did you make this question to prove what I said the other day? 😋
      also chico explained pretty well how it works, I'm not as good with words lol

• Yeah chico is an educated dude. Real smart too. I don't know maybe.

• I hate it when guys dont speak their minds or just become Yes-Men. Personally, you need to be able to say opinions no matter how stupid.

What Guys Said 13

• In theory, yes (sort of). That's excluding a lot of other variables that go into the reality of application though.

In general, it's best to let people (not just women) talk about themselves because it strokes their ego. People in general don't give too many fucks about your life or what you are doing. They are much more interested in themselves.

If you can be genuinely interested in what someone is saying, then they will be able to talk for hours. At the end of that conversation, they will like you, because you've managed to make them feel important.

With women, you always want to keep some mystery alive. The less admission you give her, the more interested she will become. Get her to talk more about herself and she will eventually start talking to you about her feelings and deeper level type of topics. In other words, she becomes invested while you haven't invested much of anything.

That sort of enables those rose colored glasses of her perception towards you in the best kind of way. If you are genuinely listening to her and being attentive to what she is saying (investing), then she will really start to like you as a person.

*On come those rose colored glasses.*

Once you're here, then you start slowly start reciprocating what she is giving you. At that point, you can admit to faults as a person without any worry as to whether or not she will reject/judge you because of it. That's because she already really likes you as a person. Anything you say at that point is going to harmonic to her. Everything you say will be a turn on.

• I definitely don't adhere to this rule whatsoever. I'm a chatterbox and tend to violate another rule (I talked about myself a lot on dates), but instead I've found ways to make sure to keep it interesting for the girl and slice it with lots of humor to also get her laughing a lot. I've learned how to use it to my advantage in some sense. I can't imagine doing quite as well if I kept my mouth shut and tried to be the strong and silent type. At least it would be too radical of a transformation for me.

• Like the guy whos able to amuse himself, cares little what others think?

• Also if you can steer the conversation towards a deeper one that exposes some vulnerabilities about yourself like some of your fears and doubts, it might sound lame but if she reciprocates, you tend to develop a strong connection in the process. It's more sharing things about yourself than talking about yourself with the hope that she will follow your lead.

I feel like my style was always in danger of putting me in the friend zone so I had to make sure to get frisky with girls on dates -- very hands-on approach.

• This is good. I dont disagree with anything you said. It all goes by the handbook

• Well the less you say the less you can say wrong and we all know it is important not to say anything wrong because girls tend to overthink these things.

• I've found that for me, the more I talk and especially the more I let go the better I am received. It is probably from person to person.
    Obviously if you're a 12 out 10 on the looks department, zipping it and working in a wicked smile is probably the most effective means of reeling people in.

• I talked to my now girlfriend for three hours when we first met. We found out we could talk to each other and had a lot in common, so it wasn't true in my case.

• Hmmm I wouldn't say that's necessarily true I think that woudl depend more on the type of woman you are with.

• just be vague when u talk to them and stay away from sensitive topics or anything that would put ur foot in ur mouth

• Depends on how a woman perceives you. if she find you attractive then your quietness is mysterious and intriguing. If you're unattractive you may as well be invisible.

• I ask open ended questions that make them do most of the talking and I act interested and that really works

• Not for me

• Speak the honest truth in your heart is the best chance to eliminate the ones that are not for you.

• totally agree.

• Only if you have nothing interesting to say!!!