Should I take the offer to crash at his place for a couple of weeks?

Been seeing this guy I met online for 5-6 months, on and off, mainly because he doesn't feel special enough to have a relationship with me (he wants to be friends with benefits), but seems to be needy when I show signs of walking away. I like him with all my heart.

Today during lunch I told him my living situation, that I need to move out of my current apartment within 1.5 weeks while I haven't found my new apartment yet. He offered me to stay with him for a while (2 weeks to a month as he said), and he will be traveling for a whole week the coming month, that his apartment will be empty.

I know he is also seeing other women (brushes and female stuff in his bathroom). I do need a place for the transition, but I am not sure if it would be a good idea to stay with him. We didn't agree on anything, but right now basically we are friends with benefits on my terms, that I decide if we meet and when to meet.

I still want him, though it is very unlikely that he would magically find me good enough to be a girlfriend. I know there isn't much to lose, but I am not so sure. Need some opinions!

12

What Guys Said 2

• He'll expect you to pay rent, you know, not in money, but... As you say, you already have that kind of relationship, but in his house, as you say, YOU would no longer be doing it 'on your terms.' A very different kind of situation.

I'd advise a different arrangement, or this will be a bad memory for you, and maybe also for him.

• You answered your own question at the end. What's the worst that could happen?

What Girls Said 1

• If he's showing signs of neediness, you have to think about how attached he'll get if you move in and the problems that may cause when you move out. Is it really worth going into the potential mess just to use him for a place to stay? No judgment, but just saying think about the long-term.