Is it normal to be scared to say "I love you"?

I've never been in love or at least the real kind of love, but for some reason they guy I'm seeing I honesty feel like I'm falling/have fallen in love with him. I'm just nervous to actually say it. Not because I'm scared I won't get the right response back, but because I've never said it before to anyone.

30

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• I know what you mean! I've actually said it before in past relationships but with my boyfriend I feel like it's totally different and the feelings I had in the other relationships pale in comparison. Never felt so crazy for someone before and never felt so "right". He said "I love you" first and it still took me a couple of seconds to work up the courage to say it back, just because I was scared of how MUCH I cared about this guy.

• It's a scary thing for sure. You're putting your feelings out there and if the other person doesn't feel the same that can be heartbreaking. So yeah it's definitely normal.

• I guess so but I find it kind of eh
    If you are together, and know you love him, just say it. Nervousness, I get but excessive fear is too much