Have you ever dated a person who's features were opposite or not what you "desired"? How did it go?

I tend to be obsessive so if you're tired of my seemingly common questions, then fuck off lol no one is forcing you here.

Anyways, this is related to my other questions.
I remember telling my friend that I would NEVER date guys who aren't scrawny, skinny because that's my preference. And she laughed because people tend to have checklists that they rarely adhere to. My ex wasn't obese, but he wasn't definitely a skinny guy. He was kinda chubby at the start of our relationship and had more boobs than me. At first, it kills me to say this, but I wasn't totally attracted to his body. But I grew to really, really enjoy it. Something prior to dating him I didn't think would happen. I also said I didn't want to date a single father because I didn't want to jeopardize any chances of him reconciling with the mother. And he was a father too. so that's 2 things I'd said I'd never date but still did.

She personally said she'd NEVER fall for a man who was hairy because she didn't like that. She is happily practically married to a man for 10, going on 11 years now who is a human wilderbeast lol And she absolutely loves his body as is.

So GaGgers, my question is do you have any instances where you dated someone who wasn't your preference or the opposite of it? Maybe you like only big boobs but gave small boobs a chance. Or you never wanted to date a single parent but did? Or only tall men but fell for a short guy? etc etc
Was it an "eye opening" experience and it became your preference? Or did you just enjoy it "enough" but you still have your preference? Did you realize that you couldn't just get over it and had to break it off? Are you just not trying because you know you'd not be able to? have you never but are willing to try?

• Yes, and it was amazing now I LOVE said feature, it replaced my past preferences
    31%(12)25%(19)Vote19%(7)
  • Yes, and it was ok. I still have my preferences, but am content enough to stay
    26%(10)21%(16)Vote17%(6)
  • Yes and it was too much for me to look past. I still have my preferences
    10%(4)16%(12)Vote22%(8)
  • No, I'm almost certain I wouldn't able to look past it and be happy
    18%(7)19%(14)Vote19%(7)
  • No, but I'd be willing to try it out one day
    15%(6)19%(14)Vote23%(8)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, and I couldn't look past it, so I had to break up.

• What was said feature if I may ask?

• Don't do that

What Guys Said 15

• I always wanted a partner without fixed ideas about child rearing, but I dated a girl anyway who I knew (because she already was a mother) had VERy fixed ideas that I didn't agree with.

My mistake. Before long, we had a huge argument about the issue, touching on the way she was raising her daughter. And she flew up to the ceiling and didn't come down until after we had agreed that she should try again with an ex!

• I can't see that happening :/

Did you actually become sexually attracted to his body or is it something you just overlook because of your emotional attachment?

Same with your friend who fell for the hairy guy? Is she actually sexually turned on by his hairy body or is it something she tolerates out of love?

• I genuinely liked his body, yes it turned me on. Which is quite the contrast from when he first took off his clothes because I remember the first time and I was like "well damn. What am I getting myself into?"
      I feel terrible admitting it, but I didn't like it much in the beginning of the relationship. But I couldn't get enough of it as time went on. As for my friend, I don't know. She definitely doesn't go crazy for hairy men, but she does love him as is and wouldn't change it.

• So hypothetically if you had the opportunity to date another chubby guy, do you think you would be attracted to his body right from the beginning or or do you think it would take time before you found him attractive just as it did with your ex

• Yes but I'm WGTOW now. So no more dating. I have found myself attracted to other plump guys, not fat, but definitely not thin. Like Q from Impractical Jokers, and he likes cats! I don't think it'd take time this time no.

And my ex wasn't chubby chubby, but he was a bit big. But towards the end, he started wrestling and working out and getting fit. Just like my first ex, he was scrawny (which I loved), and he was unhappy with his body. And he wanted to gain weight and bulk up, but I told him I loved his body as is, he would be like "so? I don't like my body so I want to change". And he cheated on me. And my second ex did too. I think this is why I don't like muscular men, because I date them when they're "less desirable" (by conventional standards of course as to ME they're more desirable before) then they get muscle and tons of confidence and then cheat.

• No I have not. I don't think people should date those who are not their type, cause in the end you will just hurt and confuse them even more. I'm not going to say I have this solid checklist of exact features a girl must have, but I couldn't date an obese woman for example, or a girl with really fucked up teeth. We all have our shallow preferences, and love isn't fair. You just have to own up to what you want, and not mislead or hurt people in the process. Just be clear from the start about what or who it is that you want.

• I've noticed that when I really like someone and enjoy her company, my preferences start to shift to what she is. I'm pretty adaptable when it comes to stuff like that. There are limits sure but I'm pretty damn flexible. It's incredibly rare that I even like someone to begin with so there's that lol

• I do have. It was with one of my exes, and I didn't want to really be with her. I just wasn't attracted to her too much (she wasn't ugly but she wasn't my type either). Anyway, she chased me down and at one party we had some alone time where we spent a lot of time simply talking. And we clicked like crazy, plus spent 3.5 years together untill she left me.

• I'm not too picky, but there are features of a girl that gets her extra points in my book. But I have fallen for a girl or two who didn't score those points. They totally got me with personality and humor.

• Never been on a date, but I couldnt' go for that unless she was't unattractive either. If she was just neural looking I could date her.

• i prefer curvy latina type girls and i've been with girls that weren't my type and i still liked it just not my ideal tho

• Yes, it taught me to not be picky. Your soul mate could be a different color, religion, or anything, when you have rigged standards you miss out on what could happen

• yes I had one experience. that was a blind date. the date was more than a nightmare. plus I have some personality preferences. it was like meeting a opposite sex Nemesis.

• nope
    i dont care about looks that much

• Yes. My taste in women so far has been shit. LOL.

• Well I don't really have a specific type I go for looks wise I'm open to most things and races, features.

• Doesn't have to be just looks. Maybe you said you would ONLY date virgins (just ask example) but then you dated a promiscuous woman and you actually liked it.

• Damn, you don't have to be a bitch about it

• I'm not I am just answering your question truthfully.

• I thought I would never date a girl that's a foot shorter than me but I did

• First girlfriend was curvy and 5'10, second was 5' and skinny. so, yes

What Girls Said 12

• I kind of always thought I would end up dating someone who wasn't conventionally attractive, I've always been drawn to that. I'm probably not phrasing that properly lol. But now I'm kind of seeing this guy who is stereotypically handsome, which is odd.

• i used to hate facial hair... i didn't find it attractive at all, but then i met my scruffy, sexy mountain man, and i love it now lol.

i also prefer dark-haired guys, but my first love was a blonde... never dated one before or since lol.

• I don't have a specific type when it comes to looks. The only 2 guys that I dated were totally different in the look department. Pretty same personality wise in that they were both dickheads. According to my friends, I tend to be attracted to "less attractive" guys lol. But like I've said a million times on here, personality wins me over and can make a guy more attractive.

I always tried to keep an open mind when it came to dating.

• Keep in mind that even if someone's physical appearance is exactly your type, he might change. I don't think I 'd stop loving someone if his looks changed.

Ideals and character traits are more important to consider. Some weird beliefs or bad habits you can put up with, or accept in light of your man's positive traits and beliefs. But not when it's about something you are vehemently against.

• Yea when I was much younger I was mainly into dark features and big physique and so on
    But then I ve seen several types blondies and skinny dude... and I ended up reallllllllly being attracted to them.
    So now I say I don t have much of a preference as long as the person isnin good shape.
    Having a belly is outside the question that eould never change 😂

• I don't close my mind (or myself) off by defining the parameters of what I like in physical features and appearance, I just go with what comes naturally. Meaning if I'm attracted to someone, then I am, it will occur naturally and I don't have predetermined prejudices or a list of physcial features I would reject someone for, so if I find completely physcially different guys attractive, then so be it, I don't pick a "type" or anything.

• It's not just looks though. I said I'd never date a father and yet I did. Or maybe you never want to date a virgin but you did (just an example) etc etc

• You're too inclusive lol

• His hairy face and chest become my church.. I never liked beards or chest hair. I love my boyfriend more than anything and he wasn't my preference. Sometimes your preferences are why you're single.

• Honestly I have a certain image in my mind that is attractive to me and a image that is not. But like all people say its more than what meats the eye. My friends and I used to make fun of my ex constantly because of how unattractive he was. Then I got to know him and what can I say knowing him and his amazing personality made him more attractive to me and boom I was his girlfriend. It really doesn't matter on looks at all.

• No, never if I'm not attracted to them it's better to not lead them on.

• in the end it's the chemistry between the two

• My 'type' is usually tall, dark and bearded. The best boyfriend I've ever had was 5'6", pale as a ghost and couldn't grow a decent beard for the life of him.

• Honestly, no. The guys I have gone out with have been my type one way or another.