Does race matter when you are looking for a good personality in a partner?

• No
    78%(18)75%(33)Vote71%(15)
  • Yes
    22%(5)25%(11)Vote29%(6)

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, yes and no.

Like, I'm mixed black/white, but I consider myself black and so do most people. I would not have the same standards for a black person as for a white person because, with a white person, I'd also be concerned about whether or not this is a closet racist or if they're trying to use me for sex or to "experience" being with a black female. I would not worry about this, really, with a black guy, for example. A white person can come up to me and seem perfectly harmless and very awesome, but they'd still have to jump through more hoops and ease my mind more.

On the flip, even if I were white or if I looked more white, for example... I couldn't imagine being a white girl and having black guys interested in me, and not be worried he's approaching me because of stereotypes such as I'm "easier" or "more submissive" or he has an issue with black women and thinks white women are better. I would not worry about this with a white man, obviously.

But if someone can pass all this stuff, then, no, race doesn't matter anymore. But there are extra hurdles prior to that, though, unfortunately.

Most Helpful Guy

• Race doesn't relate to personality but that doesn't mean it is unimportant. I am attracted to my own race and to some Asians, like Japanese and Vietnamese women. Any other race, I am not attracted and that is a deal breaker.

• Downvote? Am I supposed to pretend that I am attracted to someone just to satisfy the PC crowd and get their stamp of approval? How fair would it be to the person that I was dating if I merely pretended that I was interested? Does someone really want me to be that shallow and play with someone else's emotions?

What Girls Said 8

• I don't think a good personality is related to race. However, I prefer being with someone within my own race / religious group because of the cultural similarities. It makes a lot of things much simpler- I don't have to explain a lot of personal choices because we have that shared background.

• nope. as long as we connect and I like your personality your race, gender, religion and anything else doesn't really matter to me

• I don't think Grace has anything to do with personality, but I don't think I would be in a relationship with someone who isn't my race. Not in a racist way at all. Just a preference.

• it deosn't matter

• No. I have preferences, but it intrinsically doesn't matter.

• If they're cute and we get along, race doesn't matter.

• not at all.

• Why should it? If they're an amazing person it doesn't matter ☺️☺️☺️☺️

What Guys Said 3

• Probably not😅

• Yes for me

• No race doesn't matter.