Do people on Tinder really think they can find relationships?

I'm not saying all people are shady on there but when I used the app and I actually tried to make a boyfriend out of one of them I saw that no one is literally serious on there AT ALL. I learned the hard way.

• Tinder is not for finding relationships
  • Tinder can be for finding relationships
Select a gender to cast your vote:

3968

Most Helpful Guy

• It's very possible but since it's free like all the other apps and sites it might take some time to weed out the fools!

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely not. Anything online isn't taken seriously; its the large web where you can do whatever you want without getting into trouble and no strings attached. Nothing counts on here because it "doesnt exist" nothing physical here and you get the safety of a "viral wall" ... making you a lot more confident. Thats why everyone is more open with what they have to say about particular things. Not only that but they can hide their body language over a phone... body language gives awwy a lot about how they feel towards you so easier to persuade people online :)

Old fashion works best 👌

• I agree. Old fashion is the best way and that's how I'll stick to finding my next bf!

What Guys Said 67

• It can happen and that's its intended purpose, even if it doesn't happen often.

• Most girls use it for attention because, no offense to anyone, I see girls who look awful get tons of swipes. Like all online dating only the top 1% of guys get many matches etc, I'm a decent looking dude, probably a 6 or 7 most say and I have very high standards on girls looks 7-8 is the lowest I'd go looks scale wise, I do match with some of those girls but not many however it doesn't bug me as pretty much every guy I know only gets a lot of matches of they swipe right on every girl (a lot do then just go through matches which is sad) however in person etc im not afraid to go talk to a good looking girl which gives me a huge advantage (plus girls seem pickier on tinder, probably the fact that guys outnumber them a lot on those kind of apps) most guys use it for flings etc, maybe a couple people found something legit and I'm not saying everyone who uses it is a horn dog but girls are way pickier on tinder than in person and most of the guys who do get tons of likes are going to be those fling seeking players. It's just a toxic environment.

• I would say for the most part it is NOT for finding relationships. While it is a "dating app" the majority of people that use it are for hookups/sexting/ego boost/ etc.

But I do know some people who have met and dated someone from Tinder. But for girls it's tough to weed out all the f-boys and for guys its tough because girls either don't respond or lost interest quickly due to other matches that pop up. And if that's the case they aren't worth that guys time.

• I use it for entertainment. If I find a friend on there (I have a GF), it's all good. But I just feel like it's a game.

• Well I have two separate friends that met their current partner on tinder. One of them is going on 2 years now and the other just had their 1 year anniversary. I'm confident you can find relationships on Tinder lol. Question is how long will it take to find a quality person you match up with. That I don't know.

• If you're interacting with people then connections can be made. Tinder enables you to interact with plenty of people upfront, efficiently. So it can absolutely be used to find relationships.

That does not change that its primary use at the moment is to find someone for a couple of hours of recreational activity.

Personally the only use I ever made out of it was to flatter my ego by seeing who would be/would not go for me based on a glance-over description of self.

• I tried to use Tinder, but after a month... guess what? Not one person matched with me. Tells you a lot about who I am. Or who they are. Or both... Anyway, I tried to find a real relationship there and it didn't work.

• Pretty much one night stands, and a lot of fake profiles...

• Tinder is like any other online site. There are fucktards on there and there are people that are serious on there. I met a couple of good women on there. I also met some pieces of trash. Same with POF.

• So true. It's totally an ego booster. The guys I've met on there that I've actually met up with though are trash. My ex that I met from there was the biggest trash of them all. People use it for flings I believe.

• There's nothing required to be on Tinder besides a picture. So naturally there will be a lot of guys who are not date-worthy. Other free dating sites are a bit better because someone has to at least write a profile, but even then you will have to choose carefully.

• You can find a match its just really hard to find the right one.

• Tinder sucks! Most of the "people" are zombie-profiles, she never logs in, her inbox is so stuffed that she's going to cherry pick the top 30% of guys, bots, or jokes! Many women actually put that they are looking for a relationship on a site that barely passes for a dating site. Any jackass with an obamaphone can download tinder and create a profile. Online dating is the biggest joke because it could be amazing but sites like this are in business so they literally don't work unless you pay!

• Well guys can find relationships on tinder pretty easily, since pretty much all women are looking for relationships. Its a lot harder the other way around.

• i find it funny how most girls say tinder is not for relationship, yet literally every girl on there has something like "no hookups" or "no one night stands" in their description.

• Tinder can be used to find relationships. The culture has morphed from "site only for hookups" to "dating site"

• you can forget about relationships for a while on tinder.

• I honestly use it just for boosting my ego or making a game out of seeing out of how many people actually respond lol but since it is free you're probably going to have a tougher time finding someone who wants a serious relationship as much as you do than you would on a dating site that you'd have to pay to use. For that I usually use Christian Mingle or Match.

• From what I can tell, tinder is just a circus. If you want to find serious people, tinder is not where you go.

• ok people who r lonely and screwed up ask these sorta question yes u can find love on online but not on tinder

• people tend to exaggarate extra lie more and thats kinda idiotic thing to do...

• dating sites are weird... for all u know the person u r gonna meet can be a serial killer or drug kingpin

• Supprised more guys think they can find relationships on tinder than girls! That was my vote too lol thought it'd be the other way around

• it can be used for it, yeah, but honestly? There's far more hookups than dates, and way more bots than either combined. And I don't know for a fact but I'd wager there's more fakes than all 3 previous categories combined.

• Some women will believe any claims of a site about finding "love". Just like some men will believe any site can get them laid. But the truth is that those people will have just as much luck there as anywhere else in life.

• I get what you're saying...
      I mean maybe it will work for some people.
      Some might have extreme luck on it.
      From my experience... it's people that like to play around a lot though. From the acquaintances I've had and people I met on there.

• That's not what I said at all. I said it would only work for people who already are good at dating in the regular world.

• Eh. Either way I'm anti online dating. It sucks to me.

• Tinder and relationships should never be put in the same sentence.

• Tinder wasn't meant for finding your soul mate.

• Tinder can be, yes.

• Lmao, I can't even get a date on tinder. I'm so lame 😂

• Most people use it for quick sex

• I met my girlfriend of 7 months on QuizUp, who says you can't on Tinder?

• if your woman tender is excellent place to find love if you're a man? you got a better chance of winning the lottery

• probably it is about luck :)
    but i dont think so it is very good way for find relationship on Tinder
    and i think it is rarely people finding good relationships with this apps :)

• More from Guys
    37

What Girls Said 38

• It seems that a lot of guys get on these dating sites looking for sex and then down the line after sleeping around and getting tired. They want to settle down and be with someone. I also find that a lot of men online lie and make themselves seem what females want to hear, and then you have other guys that dont care about what image they put out there for women to see. This will sound so random, but I dont like seeing men post pics of weed, beer bottles, liquor bottles, or fuck you signs.

• Tinder has a bad Reputation for Mainly... Hooking up.
    However, I have replied in the Past, to a Girl who Happened to Have a Short Lived relationship with a Guy, but it didn't Last Long.
    It's Best from the Rest to Find Chance for Romance on a More Reputable Relationship Site, if I Might.
    Good Luck. xx

• I think it all depends on individual experiences, some people find their SO online and if it's not on tinder it can be on Facebook or Instagram, even Tumblr, fact is, it's STILL ONLINE, so it doesn't change anything.

So somebody was luckier than the other, some got played badly for picking the bad guy and others got married... FACT IS - Tinder and all this online dating game is like a Russian Roulette :)

<3

• I'm yet to meet anyone that considers tinder anything more than a 'casual meeting' website, certainly not a relationship website. It's basically set up to judge people on appearance and nothing else. If I was on the dating scene I'd assume that anyone on tinder generally only wants one thing.

• I personally don't see it as a successful dating way. But my friend did actually make a relationship out of it. He wasn't on it but found out she was and wasn't happy and made him man up. If nothing else it made him jealous. They've been together 2 years and live together.

sooooo I dunno? It's more a hookup thing

• It's possibility.. but the majority aren't serious. Girls use it for fun/attention, guys use it for hookups. this what I hear from both sides. Because of this it makes it very hard trying to find an sincere man/woman who is looking for a relationship. It's best to meet people in the real world.

• That can be a good idea but if your going to do things to bring you together with pepole in the real world they should both follow your interests and be close enough to get to you won't fit in if you force yourself to do something you have no interested in.
      But they are more likely to be mostly guy/girls simply because of things men are more interested in and things women are more. They also have to fit round everything else and be affordable then you also have to actually find that thing if it exists in your area.

• Something good was created to give people a chance for finding love. But human being are monsters so they have been using it with other intentions.
    It's really sad that some people end up falling in love and get hurt at the end!!

• Well my coworker met her fiance on tinder, so i really think if two people are compatible and the timing is right things can work out. But you have to weed out the fuck boys. And don't give anyone your time if they aren't interested in the same thing.

• I personally only met one night stand type of guys or who are looking for sex partners! but i think it can be good for friendship! no good relationship comes out of tinder but yes friendship is possible..
    i met bunch of cool decent guys and we are friends going out for fun and stuff. ( nothing sexual about it)

• I found my current boyfriend on tinder last year, we've been together for almost half a year soon. Known each other for about 8 months.

• When I was single I honestly found tinder way better for finding dudes I connected with than traditional online dating sites.

• I know a girl who met her boyfriend of 1 1/2 years on Tinder. But they're probably a rare exception.

• Tinder is absolutely positively NOT for finding relationships.

• How do you know?

• Opinion owner. Sure... you can do or make anything happen anywhere for any reason. Limiting yourself is the only thing that stands in your own way

• @Djaaaay so true. great advice for many on this site.

• is it really worth it? or is this site just another site for desperate lonely married men?

• I think everyone knows tinder isn't for relationship. You might be lucky enough to find one on there but no one goes into it expecting one

• I downloaded it at first for that reason and learned the hard way too. haha
    I don't see it as a relationship app AT ALL haha

• Girl omg. Worst mistake ever lol
      Such a headache I had to deal with.

• I dated a guy on there once, never really expected to get married and then have a kid 3 years later lol Tinder in general is a social fuck fest, good luck on there.

• most people who use tinder use it to fuck

• The reason I joined Tinder is because one of my classmates met her boyfriend on there.

• I believe you can find a relationship with someone on there. My friend meet someone on there and they've been together for almost two years!

• Tinder is good for finding hook-ups, not relationships. Nobody is ever serious on those free dating apps filled with teens and 20-somethings.

• Your best bet are sites that require you to pay monthly, simply because if people are actually paying monthly, they want something worthwhile from it.

• Those days are gone. Welcome to the era of sexual fluidity.

• i found my current boyfriend off tinder xD 6 months together now

• I found my boyfriend on tinder we have been going out for 2 years now

• it's possible

• I know a few couples who have met off of Tinder so, yes.

• No Lol

• Lol Tinder is like any other dating app ; Problematic

• I also learned the hard way. He was just in it for the hookup.

• no my sister using it for casual encounters.

• More from Girls
    8