Should I Go After My Best Friend?

I've had a crush on my best friend for 5 years but I always thought she was straight and just curious about her sexuality but recently she came out to me saying I'm the only person she feels comfortable telling. I really like her and to distract myself during that time I've been in quite a few relationships with guys, never a girl because I felt that would hurt to much.

But now that she came out to me, I can't just ignore my feelings and keep thinking to myself what if. I know never go into a one sided relationship. My crush is an artist and going through her sketchbook the other day I came across a picture of a girl and a guy kissing. I asked her who it was but she said it was secretly a girl.

Because I like her I'm starting to think it's me, my hair is short because I cut it and looking back now the girl I thought was a guy has my hair and facial features and the girl looks like her but it could all be my heart messing with me. I mean we did make plans to live together and it feels like we've already been in a relationship. Is it just me?

She's kinda reserved and wouldn't tell someone she likes them and I feel like if I do tell her she would reject me. Because she herself knows my relationships don't work out and I'm starting to think it was because I already liked someone else. I just don't know what to do and if I don't do anything I might never see her again when we graduate this year.

Do I risk our 5 year friendship or do I confess, explain and hope everything goes right? I'm so confused on what I should do. Should I just leave her to find her happiness?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You're pretty young to find such a serious possibility, but I'd go for it. First explain why you've been going with guys and work from there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wait it out. If your moving soon you dont need to create more awkwardness

What Guys Said 2

• go for it yolo

• Yes yes

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!