I'd like to approach a deaf girl, should I do it?

I have a minor crush on a really pretty deaf girl in my college math course. She has an interpreter so I don't know if she could read lips. I think she's really interesting and I'd like to get to know her. The thing is that I have no idea on how to approach her. I'm actually intimidated because I know some deaf people don't like to date hearing people. I'm a really shy guy (although I don't seem like it in person) so I rather not try to ask for her number via the interpreter.

im thinking of giving her a note. What should I do?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 2

What Guys Said 2

• Step 1 learn some sign language. Also worrying about being shy only makes things worse. Take it from a shy guy.
    Step 2 talk to the interpreter and talk with her a few times. Maybe even ask about math problems. Show that you know and are learning how to sign
    step 3 Be her freind a bit so that you don't scare her with a note from a random crush.
    Step 4 follow up
    Good luck

• tap her on the shoulder and give her a well thought out note