Why do people assume just because you're attractive means you'll have an easier time dating?

I'm constantly told I'm attractive and people are shocked that I'm having trouble finding a boyfriend. That irks me to constantly hear because what does physical appearance have to do finding someone compatible?

1658

Most Helpful Guy

• There are studies done which states:

1. Attractive people have much better social lives --> More chance to meet members of opposite sex--> More chance to potential date through networking.

2. Attractive people get hired for jobs faster than less attractive people ---> Easier time to network and get dates via your job.

With these 2 effects, it can be seen than attractive people have a very big advantage in dating. This doesn't even factor in the psychological aspect ingrain by most people where attractive people, negative qualities are often glossed over while their positive qualities are often extrapolated with many people giving them plenty of chances before they get fed up with them. The opposite occurs for ugly people.

Put this together and attractive people have a much easier time winning people over.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• When a person looks at someone of the opposite sex that they have just met, it's true that they look at physical appearance first. After all, that's what they see first. If someone knows that the person is physically attractive, then they are more interested to know about your personality. And if your personality is compatible with theirs, then you could become a pair. It's harsh, but true. Many girls who are not as physically attractive don't get as many opportunities to get to know guys since the guys are just not physically attracted to them. And to have a long-lasting relationship, I believe that personality compatibility and similar values is crucial, however having some kind of physical attraction to your partner is vital for the healthiness of the relationship as well.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE