What do you think about long distance relationships?

Would you do this or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd do it for someone I really wanted to be with, but my stipulation obviously is we'd need a solid plan of meeting, and eventually down the line living closer together or living together period.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have done this before and I did make it work but it's super hard core and I broke my ass to make it work never again

What Girls Said 21

• Not much of the ones where you never actually meet (internet relationships). These aren't even real relationships. but real relationships where one person is away for a period of time can work but requires more effort and trust from both people than regular in-person relationships

• It's s rare they survive the distance , because they are very challenging and too difficult to maintain.

Unless it's possible for them both to meet up in real life sometimes... it's pointless being in one. The ultimate goal of a LDR is to close the distance by one person uprooting to live with or near other. So one of them will eventually have to make that huge sacrifice. It's a big price to pay if the relationship fails , so they'd need to know each other really well , and it's difficult to know a persons true character until you see them in real life situations and circumstances over a period of time

• Yeah you are right, have you ever tried?

• Yes a few years back lol so I know it's not the type of relationship that would work for me.

I'd consider one again though if he lived closer , maybe if he lived only a few hours away where we could drive or take a train to meet up

• How did you meet?

• I've been in two long distance relationships. One went down in flames. The other has been the most amazing and valuable relationship I've ever been lucky enough to experience.

What I've learned from my experiences is that long distance relationships can absolutely work out and be incredibly rewarding experiences if, and only if, both partners are truly committed to making the relationship work and they are willing to put in the necessary effort to make that happen. Long distance in a relationship can make every mole hill feel like a mountain, which means you have to be willing to communicate thoroughly and frequently, and you need to be able to handle a little emotional drama now and then. Having an end date for the amount of time you'll be apart can make a big difference, too.

• My current relationship is long distance and to be honest it is difficult especially because he drives and I don't so unless there is public transport, things aren't so easy. Plus, the speed of the relationship is very slow and although this may seem like a good thing... it's actually aggravating at times. Obviously it all depends on what you refer to as long distance because for me, my boyfriend is in Italy and I'm from the UK, if we want to see each other then it takes time and money.
    I honestly think it depends on the couple and the circumstance that they're in.

• I don't mind them. I'm the type of person who can talk a lot through texts and distance. I have best friends who I'm friends with long distance so a relationship being long distance to me doesn't bother me much since I'm used to the idea. I would want some kind of strong hope that we'll be together in the same area in the future though. Have to be realistic.

• Long distance relationships depends on both of the people involved in it (or more), they both have to be loyal (if decided by both people), patient, and have a relatively good amount of spare time to spend with each other.
    Internet access is almost a must.
    I personally like them and I am in one and it works great for me.
    But it really depends also on the clinginess on the person and the main thing is trust too.
    I would definitely do it and I do, every 6 months I see my boyfriend (more so) he comes down here or I go up there.

• I'm in one rn and it's great.

• I've done one, wouldn't do it again

• Nope. It's just another way for someone to fuck with me and my feelings. I sort of tried it and it wasn't for me personally.

• I would do it If we were truly in love and I believed it could work out. If I didn't see a real future with this person than no I wouldn't bother, Because it would just lead to heartbreak for both of us.

• Yes, I believe they can work.

• it is okay

• I'm in one because his job requires him to live far away

• Been there done that. I don't recommend it.

• yup if he was worth it

• I would kinda did you just have to make sure the communication is consistently good

• I think it works, with those who are committed.

• Not unless you can see each other in person at least once a month. Been there, done that, got the apathy to prove it. The closeness dies, or else the person ends up being different than who you pictured in your mind.

• Long distance relationships are difficult to sustain. If you really love the person, it can definitely work. If you're looking for casual dating, it's probably not a good idea.

• I would not do that cause I don't belive lond distance relationship

• I would if he had some serious sex appeal and if we both liked each other. But it wouldn't work because I'd want to have sex with him every week.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope. can't happen or the % of it standing the test of time is minimal. Urges are bound to blindfold you eventually and you (or the other person) will start fooling around.

• If commitment, honest, determination, patience, trust is in relationship then it would definitely work.

• They're tough and rarely work out. I wouldn't do more than a few hours away so we could see each other a couple times a week. With the really long distance ones it's more of a relationship with a phone/computer than a human.

• Been there, done that.