How can I deal with seeing my ex after a recent break up?

We ended things a couple days ago. I am upset, but I suppose not all together heartbroken. We were together for three months, so not a long time I guess, but I cared for him. When we were ending things he said "we can be friends, we can still hang out and talk and stuff" and I said something like "why? That seems like it would just make things harder..." or something like that. He kept saying "I don't want you to hate me" and I don't. I told him that, there's no reason to hate him. I did tell him that you know if I see him around I may not speak right away before it will be hard for me at first. The problem is I have a class twice a week with him. I'm just so afraid to walk into that class. I have to find somewhere else to sit and I'm just afraid I'll cry when I see him. I don't want to come off as rude, like I'm ignoring him, but it will be kinda hard for me just to be like "oh hey what's up" you know? How can I deal with seeing him?

12

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah that's rough. It'd probably be a good idea to sit somewhere else in the class, but at the same time don't pretend like he doesn't exist. Just say hi if the opportunity arises, and then go back to doing your own thing

• say the following "i'm sorry, i'm a girl. i'm a bag full of emotions. so at first excuse me i may not be able to act normal but by the time i will" and go sit somewhere else.
    OR, you can go back with him cause obeviously he doesn't wanna break up.

• Yes he does lol he's pretty much the one who suggested it

• he suggested breaking up LOL allright, have some self-esteem and biig pride and GO SIT somewhere else.

What Girls Said 1

• A polite "hello", is more than enough.