Is it time to break up?

My boyfriend of 2 years and I live together. We fight often and have broken up in the past for 3 months. Recently we fight before bed, and he just walks out of the house and sits in his car. I try to explain to him that I hate going to bed angry and upset, but he doesn't care. I know that we have to resolve our differences, but the way he doesn't care to make up before bed bothers me. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is using the occasion to punish you. That is more important to him than resolving the disagreement. You should have a ground rule about no serious discussions after 8 pm or some other time that allows for resolution of conflict before bed.

I have a rule that, regardless of how angry I am with my girlfriend, when we go to bed, I tell her that I love her and I out my arms around her. It's just a disagreement, not a war!

Most Helpful Girl

• he's basically tired and doesn't want to upset you more than he has..
    so since he knows himself better.. he try to avoid anymore fights and settle and after you are fine and not angry or mad ! comes up and talk..
    if he doesn't talk about it anymore. probably he's not caring enough.
    but I think you gotta write a list of pros and cons!
    see if he got more good things than bad things... stay and try to solve it. if not... if it's hurting you more than it has to make you happy... go and leave him. but in a friendly way if possible!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 11

• I think it depends on what you guys fight about, what is the major cause that makes you guys fight?

• YEah bail out, the both of you have wasted enough time.

• You only fight with your partner when you're hurt. Explain him what you feel in a subtle normal emotional manner than in the form of anger. Things always turn out better that way.
    If your s/o is angry just understand one thing first that they are hurt and try making them feel better.

• What starts these fights? Is this frequent?

• Try talking with him about it when you're both happy and calmed down. What do you fight about? Little things? Or important values to yourself?

• yes it is time to break up is you can't solve your problems by talking

• You have to find a way to resolve issues. Like set a few rules you both must follow when you want to discuss something.

• Just because you love someone doesn't necessarily mean that the relationship is meant to be. If you are fighting that much, and are asking if it is time to breakup, the answer is probably yes. Life is too short to stay in a relationship when you are unhappy.

• Time to say goodbye and move out.

• He/y'all need to work on communicating better and work on not going to sleep angry or pissed off at one another as it will only make the situation worse.

• if you are fighting often- that means you both are not happy and it may be time to move on for good.