I'm a dating a guy who has no job and money. Can anyone help me?

Okay we were dating for almost 5 months. Things were great at first but the problem we had when we started dating, is still our problem right now. He has no job, not because he's lazy or has no goals but because the field he wants which is aviation technology really requires much wait to start a job for like 5 months or more after being hired. he was hired 2 times from different companies but still haven't started working and he's waiting for almost 2 months for a call to start to work! So what happens here is he has no money to see me often. I'm living quite far from him. sometimes, it makes me sick of these. We miss each other a lot but he can't do anything to see me often. He can't make money as fast as he could. He always feel sorry about this. And he really feels down about it. I wanna accept his situation but I dont know how can i accept this whole thing. We text everyday, we call everynight. But... what i really want is seeing him often. Please help me about this.

43

Most Helpful Guy

• He needs to accept any job he gets til the career job he's good at request his services. Problem is too is that how long can you date him for til he gets a job? Months to a year or so. He just can't wait around for the job to call him, he needs to get out there & find another job til then. That puts a strain in a relationship if only one person is working & the other isn't and lazy. If you guys were living together, it won't work out cause they'll be too many bills for one person to pay. That'll cause tension between you both & fights start. You need to decide on is it worth waiting or that since he lacks drive & ambition, is it time to move on?

Most Helpful Girl

• This doesn't quite seem right... why isn't he able to work another job while waiting (a rule I've never heard of)?
    And why aren't you able to go to visit him, or use your wages to help with cost if you want him to come to you?

What Guys Said 2

• How come you can't go to him until he starts making money?

• sounds like he's completely bullshitting you, he never got hired, you would start work immediately if so, sounds like a total bum

What Girls Said 3

• I never heard of that, how is he supporting him self right now? Also, you can go to him until he gets back on his feet.

• In what field of aviation is he working? I've never heard of this rule...

• Go to him