I'm seeing a guy who has been single for a while?

Okay, so I have been seeing a guy who has been single for over two years. We met online and live about 40 miles away from each other. We have already met and when we are together it's amazing. We have great chemistry and a wonderful time. However, sometimes when we are texting (generally our means of communication) he always messages me good morning and is generally (80-85% of the time) quick to respond; however, every couple days he is kinda lax and slow to respond and then he says to me "I don't really wanna chat I just wanna be alone." Is this just a product of his being alone for so long? Does this seem odd at all? Never dealt with this before. Thanks so mjcj!!!

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Some people, myself included are introverted at times and just need "Me time", not the sexual kind but solitude, have fun with whatever hobby they have and let life take a backseat. It isn't odd, it isn't anything with you, just be respectful of it and save up things to talk about to make the time when he is "back" better.

• Thanks for the response! I was thinking this, but never actually pursued an introverted person.

Most Helpful Girl

• There are days that he just doesn't feel like talking. It has nothing to do with you actually.

What Guys Said 7

• He could just be introverted. Some people need alone time to recharge their energy levels. I get that way too sometimes.

• From what I gather he is very introverted. A little awkward sometimes. Definitely a nerdy to himself kinda guy. Thanks for the response!

• That sounds pretty similar to how I am too. Once I'm totally comfortable though I find that I shift from recharging my batteries alone to doing it with my partner or even friends. Maybe you could casually ask what he likes to do when he's alone, and if he would ideally like (your) company when he does whatever he does?
      I'd secretly love someone I'm interested in to take an interest in what I like to do to unwind.

• He could be seeing someone else 40 miles away, so his calendar is full... That would be my suspicion.

Of course, I'm the suspicious type!

It could be he is socially awkward... may explain his being single for 2 years.

• I was thinking something similar, but it seems to go against many of his morals. Such as we told each other, since we are not exclusively dating, that if we started seeing or talking to someone else we would let the other know out of courtesy. Also, he says he is not into hookups and pursues one lady at a time. Thanks for the response!

• Sure is suspicious... given you are long distance, why does he need to 'be alone' online?

• I was just under the impression that being single for that long kinda gets a person programmed to be alonre, or it's where he is comfortable. Also, he is working on his masters degree and the semester just started. All supposition but ya never know lol

• Well sometimes us guys just need a little alone time coz my girlfriend now does the same thing to me when I don't text her right back or just plainly don't text that day, there is nothing to worry about if you love each other everything will be okay

• it seams odd to me. i have been single for my whole life and honestly i would keep texting back and forth unless i was at work

• Some people (like me) need a lot of downtime, without the company of others.

• just sounds like an introvert or more of a loner, i wouldn't let it get to u

• Thanks for the response. I am hoping it's just a him thing. Everyone can their own little odd things they do.

• He wants personal space because maybe is is upset

• Thanks so much! I thought that chatting would
      Make him feel better, I guess that only works for women lol.

• You're welcome, I am sure this will be all good tomorrow. As humans sometimes giving each other space can be good

• Things are ok?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!