Do you view coffee as a "date"?

• yes
  • no
  • other
    Vote C

2428

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on how you phrase it just grabbing coffee while your already out (like at school or work) prob not. If you ask and then say "Okay, then it's a date... 7ish?" Or whatever time then yes. or "I'd love to get to know you better... coffee? I know a great place." Or seomthing along those lines

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure. It a kind-of-a-date thing. It's a great way to start off. I would always go for a coffee/tea first (or even a couple of times) before meeting for a whole evening because it feels less pressuring, less official, less formal and thus less serious in a good way.
    You get know each other a bit, exchange some important basic information, maybe meet for another coffee, get a feeling for whether he/she is the right one and THEN go out for dinner. If that next level goes well too, you do it again for a few times, see how it feels and THEN go out for a whole day. Not only does this way of finding a girlfriend/boyfriend protect you from lots of disappointments but it actually increases your chances to find a good person.

What Girls Said 23

• Coffees are my favorite place for first dates 'cause it allows you to have deep conversations and get to know the person better.

• I think it's all up to the QUESTION? > DO YOU WANT TO GO OUT FOR A COFFEE WITH ME , so if this guy asks you to get a coffee with him as in TAKING YOU OUT TO A DATE COFFEE then yes... but you also go to coffee with friends so i think it's always a date if the date is arranged, it can even be in a hospital parking lot, as long as HE ASKED FOR A DATE IT IS A DATE :)
    But hey that's me

• Anything can be a date with the right person

• I think it is a nice idea to get to know someone and find out if you want to go further with the other person or not. It is inexpensive and more laid back

• There's no way a guy is going to get sex or a blowjob because he bought be coffee... but a lot of guys do invite you out for a coffee... so like it or not they are using it and i'm sure every girl has been asked out for coffee... hence this question... we're in the middle with this evenly.

• For me a date is any meeting that a couple purposely sets in order to get to know each other better and romantically. It could be going to the coffee shop or feeding the pidgeons at the park. It wouldn't be a fancy date, but there's nothing stopping me from calling it a date, as long as a couple as their alone time.

• Yes it can be, talking in a cafe for hours is a great way to get to know someone and see if you'd like a second date - a dinner date is more serious usually

• Yes. o. O
    When you say let's go on a date - and the other person says 'yes' - it's a date no matter where you go - unless it's a funeral or a wedding - I don't consider those dates if you both have to be there anyway...

• I mean... if you ask me to get coffee with you... then maybe.

• Sure, but I'd rather paint ceramics or something while talking.

• No Becos I don't drink coffee... glass of coke with ice then yeah it would be a date

• Depends on the person. If it's someone you like or want to get to know I'd call it a date, a harmless one since it's the "intro" date nit official.
    Then there's a friends kind of coffee get together, and that isn't viewed as a date. Unless one has feelings for the other in a romantic way, then it's probably just a one-sided date.. lol my opinion on coffee dates haha :)

• Only if you call it a date

• Depends really. Only if he makes it feel like a date.

• How would a guy make it feel like a date?

• @HotDogg by choosing certain ropics. Talking a lot about her and himself instead of trivial things. Dressing nicely but not over the top and perhaps hugging her when meeting.

• Not really.

• I would probably clarify at the beginning.. but if I was into him I would think it was a date hahaha :')

• yeah if it's just me and him

• Nope

• yes, a part of a date
    coffee alone would be a mini date

• I wouldn't count it as a date personally.

• No I go to coffee often with guys but they're all my friends

• Nope I wouldn't

• it depend on whom I am drinking

What Guys Said 27

• some call it a coffee date, but it's just getting to know someone. There's no ritual about it, no need to get dressed up and prepare. It's as casual as possible, and usually spontaneous, not something arranged far in advance. And the duration is short, by agreement, and won't necessarily lead to another date, and no one will be terribly disappointed if it doesn't. After all, during a coffee chat, one or the other will reveal they are already in a relationship, since normally people don't know each other at all before a 'coffee date.' A 'date' normally presupposes both people are single--more or less--and are exploring a possible relationship. This isn't necessarily the case during a coffee..

Well, I would call it a coffee 'chat', not a 'coffee date.'

• Yep. It's always my first date. Allows me to screen people out. Gold diggers will run. Met her online, shows up and weighs 100 more pounds than her picture, no problem. I spent less than $10.00 and can waste less than 30 min.

To me the bottom line is there is no point to spend $100.00 and 4 hours on a date only to discover after a half an hour I'm not into this chick. Better to keep it cheap for the first few dates, then if I really like her, spend more money and time on killer dates.

• Why would you go out on a date with a girl that you are not interested in in the first place?

• @ikissedtheskyonce cool story.

• @ikissedtheskyonce *If a guy spends $100 on a chick he doesn't like on the first date, he's a dumbass.
      If he is interested, he's investing in something worthwhile to him, in a slightly roundabout way.

• I'd assume if an relative stranger asked a girl for coffee she would know it's a date intention, whereas a known friend? Just a hangout

• Yes. Your 'first date' should be a place where you meet and talk FACE TO FACE IN REAL LIFE. LOL. Texting should be about a meet up place.
    Spend the time talking and deciding if this is someone worth investing more time and energy into as a real date. Besides, if you liked what you saw you could walk down the street and eat together. Or go on a real date. People are too stuffy and not flexible on how things work out. Just let it go.

• It's a cheap date.

• It's the wise man's date because only an idiot goes to a restaurant and spends $60 lets say on someone they barely know as opposed to $20 at a café. If you don't click and there isn't a date after well no biggy. If she becomes your girlfriend later and you really like her than by all means splash out on a nice dinner later. This is all assuming this is a first date.

• If it's out to coffee without some sort of qualifier or context that it's not a date, then I think it's often viewed as a date.

• If it's planned, it's a date (it also depends on what kind of relationship the two of you are).

I think coffee dates are great for first dates. The setting enables you to talk, it's cheap enough so there is no pressure on any of you. It's short enough for any of you to bail if things dont go as planned and you can go for a cake/meal/walk/whatever later if things click between you.

• Coffee is used for reconnaissance.
    It is a low-commitment date that allows both parties to leave at any time if they are not comfortable.

• If the word "date" is mentioned. Cause like what about coffee with a friend?

• Yes. I think it's actually the ideal first date. It's cheap, quick, convenient, and low-pressure.

• A date is an event in which you and another person try to connect on a romantic level. If you both agree to make something like that a date, then it is. Just make sure to keep it relaxed and fun. Just a drink might turn into an all day or all night event filled time

• It's a good start.

• It's the only date I do when starting out. I never take her anywhere else unless it's a second date onwards.

• Nope, I view only women or MILF as a date!.. What will I do with dating coffee 😁😁😂😒

• I say yes, it is the most casual date one can have. :-D

• Not unless someone else is there too. Else it's just me and my tea (I don't do coffee).

• No coffee is just a drink.

• I don't drink coffee, anyway. It's just conversation, I suppose.

• I don't take coffee or tea
    Chocolate milk or I'm not coming 😂 LOL

• If she dresses to impress, definitely

• Yeah it is

• no coffee=friendzone

• it depends on what she's wearing.

• no its just a casual meeting

• No, its a drink actually. A date is something like 29th if April or whatever

• thank god i don't date anymore. I don't have to put up with female shit