Are single nerdy chubby girls a myth, or am I just not looking hard enough?

It seems impossible for me to get out and meet people because I never know what to say to somebody. I also never know how to approach someone that I like even if I know them because in my brain I am bothering them because they probably get hit on all of the time and who am I to them?

How do I know if they have a boyfriend or if they just broke up or what? I know that the saying goes you never know unless you try but it seems to me like I'm just bothering everyone that I talk to or they are not interested in me. I am sure that that is just the anxiety talking but how else to people like me meet people except online?

I am aware that this is a very involved question and there is no easy answer to it. But I post things like this around the internet hoping that perhaps some shy girl who shares my ideas and interests might read it and maybe just maybe might feel like messaging me. But I am sure that that is hopelessly optimistic.

Thank you for any advice anyone can offer.

11

What Girls Said 1

• I imagine they exist.
    As for how can you know if they have a boyfriend or not... well, you can know by actually talking to them.

What Guys Said 1

• wtf? low standards

• No, just a relationship preference. I know it might be hard for you to understand, but I'm a short chubby person, who's attracted to the same. I won't bother explaining it to you.