When a guy talks to you less, does that mean he is losing interest?

So I've been talking to this guy since November. We used to talk and text everyday. I don't know what happened. As I am in college (18), I've been focusing on my work. He's also in grad school. But now we can go up to two days without talking to each other. I do want to message him sometimes, but I feel like I'm being a bother, plus he always stops replying. I don't know if he is losing interest. We were supposed to hang out Thursday, but haven't talked to him since Sun.

21

What Guys Said 1

• It could be that he is busy or it could also be that the conversation has just dried up a little. It's almost impossible to maintain the same rate of conversation forever as you do at the beginning of a relationship/friendship. There are only so many things to talk about and once you have found out pretty much everything about each other then you are relying on new things happening in order to provide subject matter for conversations. Sometimes you need to wait a day or two to have sufficient new things to discuss. Otherwise you end up forcing conversations.

What Girls Said 2

• Happened to me as well and it really massively sucks. Its called "ghosting" look it up on the internet. (We used to talk since June and he began ghosting me, now we don't talk at all). In your case, thats an early warning of ghosting. So be careful and expect it

• Okay. I'm just confused why he would ghost when I told him we were hanging on Thursday. Haven't talked to him since Sunday, and I don't know if I should ask him if he still wants to hang out. Even though I don't want to, I don't want to look like the bad guy. So I don't know.

• i think so