How do you smile and be positive?

I dislike myself, I hate looking in the mirror. I don't talk to people anymore rarely. I have no friends and I'm alone. Now others may think that's bad but I like being alone now. I don't want any friends or have a relationship because of the way I am I don't want to bring anyone down anymore. It's bad enough no one likes me, I don't want people to like me or be around me like this.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Listen up.. just take a deep breathe and seriously let go of all the things that has led you into thinking something like this. Try getting to the root cause of you thinking this way.

Listen to HAPPY music.. trust me music helps a lottt!
    Take care :)

Most Helpful Guy

• To become more positive you need to tackle it from the mind, body and spirit. With the mind, you work on changing your perception, look at the good and the bad, ALWAYS look at both sides of the coin.

You are already doing this without realizing it... when you said you were alone, but you enjoy being alone. Therefore you aren't alone, you are in solitude!

The body, you need to exercise, walk, move around, anything. The positive mind cannot be as effective unless the body follows. Even when you don't feel like it, try it and then note how you feel afterwards. Even your lymphatic system (helps rid body of toxins) cannot function properly without movement.

You also need to look at what you are eating because all of the above will be impaired if you don't have the necessary fuel to produce the hormones, muscles and functions your body and mind requires. For example, one of the most well known mood regulators (Serotonin) is made from the amino acid L-tryptophan, others assist with sleep patterns and repair. Magnesium helps muscles relax (Calcium contracts).

Spirit - Once all of the above are in place, you will have already tended to the spirit but you can take this further by learning about meditation, mindfulness, contentment.

How do you smile and be positive? By allowing yourself to... just be.

What Girls Said 1

• try helping people and make them smile and make them happy... you will see that you are doing some good and trust me you would be changing the world even slightly thus you will love your self more... ps it's what got me out of depression

What Guys Said 2

• You start by telling yourself that you're an amazing human being, instead of hacking down upon yourself. Our brain is very vulnerable to psychological warfare. Like, if you continuously bombard it with compliments and other similar things, it will begin to believe it after a while. Basically, as long as you look down on yourself, your mind will see you in that light.

• I understand. I just can't see any light. I hate it, I've been this way my entire life and I can't imagine being different.

• What have you been spending your time on? One way to gain confidence, (aside from what I just mentioned) is to put your mind into something you want to do, something you can be passionate about. It doesn't even matter what this thing is, as long as it's something you enjoy doing.

• You're better off without friends and a relationship. Trust me, you're not missing much.