How do you know when a relationship is really over?

I'm freaking out because I think I accidentally texted him too much, and I think I ruined it all. My boyfriend and I got into a argument. I accidentally got paranoid about something and texted him too much. Now he's calling me crazy psycho. We started dating last month he recently drove 2 hours to see me and 2 hours back to where he lives and I just bought him an Xbox recently. We are both 21 in college. So is it really over? He said "you're crazy goodbye". This is my first relationship, so did we break up? Or was that just an argument that felt like it's over. I aplgoized to him. But he won't accept my apology. We were fighting all day. Any advice? When a guy says goodbye is that a break up? Im so worried. I apologized, and he won't accept. He said any sane person wouldn't text him so much. I was trapped in my own head. Did I ruin it? Im not texting him until Friday

• He broke up with you
    70%(21)71%(24)Vote75%(3)
  • He didn't break up with you
    30%(9)29%(10)Vote25%(1)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• personally for me i would not take it as a sign as a break up. (that is based on what you told me)
    any respectful, caring guy would end off a relationship in a mature way despite how bad the issue or crazy a girl might be. never over text message. - if that is the case then girl you are way better than that. at least a phone call to discuss the matter. I feel like during a break up, a partner would definitely make it clear and give closure about the relationship ending like "i just can't see this relationship going anywhere". if this guy can drive 2 hours to meet you, i'm sure he can give you a valid reason too.

i've had arguments before with my boyfriend over text - and i realised that is the worst way you can try to discuss a problem or even resolve an issue, because they can leave the conversation at any point. sometimes guys need time to recollect/assess their thoughts and think about the situation. so don't get alarmed, scared or worried if he takes a while to respond. he just wants to remove himself from the situation.
    For me it's important to verbally let them be aware of what you're about to discuss over the phone or face to face. like give them a heads up so you don't just drop it on them unexpectedly

Then again alternatively even if he thinks that's a break up, you don't have to interpret it as a break up. get some more clarification, but let him calm down first and come to you.
    if he doesn't text back or at least try to communicate back at some point within a few days then his silence says something.

What Guys Said 4

• If you are fighting all day after only one month, it sounds as if you were doomed. Learn from your mistakes and move forward.

• When he won't even fuck you... then its over as hell

• fuck women ruin everything. he also missed an opportunity to fuck you

• yikes, lot of mistakes here. but yeah, if he says that to you, he means it

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think saying goodbye is the same as an official break-up. I think you should just give him a lot of space. A lot. Back off. I don't know if I would send a text on Friday either. If he wants to make things right again, he will come to you.

• I'm so sorry that you are going through this, but you just SCARED HIM OFF LITERALLY, you should respect his boundaries, and honestly i think now it is a little too late, i would just WAIT a little more and hopefully he will calm down.

You should just focus on priorities right now because he will come back if HE REALLY CARES AND IF HE REALLY LOVES YOU.
    So take this as a test :)

Good luck and take care <3

• Forget him, he is being a jerk. If he wanted to break up with you - he could have said it in a nicer way - like he feels overwhelmed by the attention you are giving him and doesn't feel comfortable. Only trashy low class people use obscene language when they are talking to somebody.

• If he's calling you crazy and said goodbye I would suspect it's over. I would quit calling/texting and give him a chance to process things and come back to you if he's going to. Best of luck!

• I don't think he broke up with you, when I get in fights with my boyfriend he always says bye and it doesn't really mean anything. We always make up so you two might too!

• Never argument through texting. And never ever ever break up with a text message. That's just too low.

• He is probably just over wellmed give him some time, if he did you better go get that Xbox