Would you give someone who rejected you before a chance?

This guy wanted to date me in highschool but I found out he'd been talking to my friend and the only reason he was talking to me was because he didn't think she would give him a chance. Not long after that he dropped me and they were dating.

It's been 5-6 years since then. I'm not friends with her anymore and he's been trying to talk to me and get to know me again. I've been very short with him because I'm disgusted.

What would you do?

920

Most Helpful Guy

• I can speak only from a male point of view.
    I would say no.
    I have been fucked over, rejected and hurt by women in ways that would make a script for a bad soap opera.
    A few of the individuals who rejected me when they and I were 20-somethings, or Friend Zoned me, or fucked me over, came sniffing around after they hit the wall.
    I pretended to not notice their mating dance. When a couple of them were more direct, I had to say no.
    I told them to back to the bad boys who were so much more exciting and to take the Mini Me versions of the bad boys with them. They deserved each other.
    In the case of your situation, tell him to go back to your former friend. They also deserve each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• In this situation, though it was high school, I probably wouldn't go for it either.

• I felt I was being petty because it was so long ago but I'm upset about how and why it happened, plus what happened after.

What Guys Said 19

• First I'd ask why she changed her mind (but I'd be suspicious) and then I'd decide. But it's not likely that I would.

• Oh yeah, I'm definitely suspicious. He's been all over my social media for a little while so I'm expecting it to come up in conversation at some point.

• So you really got reasons to be suspicious.

• Well if he was only talking to me before because he felt he couldn't get the girl he wanted then I'm only a second best option. Not happening my friend.

• Nope. Not at all. For me, a no once is a no for life.

• I would not. You get one chance and after that I close the door. I had asked a woman out and was turned down because she had a thing for my best friend (who was in a relationship) and was worried that dating me would prevent her from ever having a chance with him. About two years later she tells me she was wrong and that I was the one she should be with. Wasn't going to happen. I'm not anybody's Back-up Plan.

• Wow that's crazy! Especially because he was already in a relationship.

• Just ignore him completely. Don't respond, don't mention anything on social media that he might make about him. He'll quit

• No, unless something really was wrong in my life. Like I was in prison then lived at home doing nothing then maybe after I got my life together I'd think about it. But I have not made any major mistakes in my life, I'm in college post air force life. And girls my age wants a guy who already has a job, car, house etc etc and when I do get those things and they come crawling back I won't take them back

• VERY few people can be second fiddle, and KNOW they are second fiddle... and be ok with it.

I totally understand why u don't want to date him!

• i dont think i could... im too bitter and lonely becuase of all the rejection ... i would think they are playing a cruel joke and end up torturing them

• I would give them a chance then use them for a while. Then break up with them to get my revenge and payback.

• the same thing ur doing, i've had girls shoot me down in high school and were super bitchy that wanted to hang out in college and even if they were hot i told them fuck off.

• Nope. Zero.

• I wouldn't. That feels like you are his last choice.

• Play some more games? [shrug]

• No. Because it makes me think they are only coming back to me, because they are desperate and can't find anyone else.

• No this dude is a sleeze. Tell him to fuck off.

• No, I would not

• You should give him 3 more chances. More chances for sex and love.

• Send a message?

• Yes personally, but hell no with this guy.

• never.. a women who does that will never get me even if she offers sex.

What Girls Said 8

• Nope.

• Depending on his reasons for dating you, and depending on how you think. You're not a replacement or substitute for who he can't have; you should be his first choice.

• Heck no! If I wasn't good enough for him previously, then I'm never going to be good enough. I wouldn't be hostile to him though.

• Exactly! I'm keeping my attitude in check but it's weird knowing the last time we talked was during that time.

• nope, I would not

• I have never been rejected and I never will because I never do the first step.

• I am not sure maybe

• You know, go with the flow... who knows this might end up well. I sure would like to see where this is going. If he tricks you once more, then trick him back... girls shouldn't be always the weak ones who get hurt because of a stupid ass bastard.

• No..