What do you do when you meet someone you've been talking to online for the first time?

So, I'm hoping to meet this girl when I'm in her home town at the weekend. We talk a lot online, but haven't met face to face yet. I wanna make a good impression and stuff. But I'm shy and introverted, sooooooo I'm not sure what the etiquette and stuff is?

25

Most Helpful Girl

• tbh I like someone who is shy and a bit of introvert (I think not sure if he is introvert though) and I would prefer if he was being himself rather than trying to act outgoing if he is not.

As for what to do, instead of dinner, or lunch or whatever, pick something active instead so there is no awkward silence.
    If I were to ever meet him, I would suggest we go to an arcade, or some place where we have other things to look at and make conversation with (that we are both interested in; for example if both of you are into art or history, you can pick a good museum.)

Most Helpful Guy

• You will work out the details of the meeting between the two of you but I would generally suggest that you meet somewhere neutral and public, which can help give more assurance of personal safety. Other than that, just try and look half decent (don't wear that old t-shirt with holes in it), smell decent and just be yourself. She has been talking to you and wants to meet you, so be you.

What Girls Said 1

• Agree to meet somewhere for lunch or dinner, and go from there take time in the dinner or whatever to talk and get a vibe from the person if all goes well you should tell her you enjoyed her company and plan a date soon after.

What Guys Said 4

• I have before. It was SO AWKWARD! She looked different than her profile picture, and her personality was WAY different than it is online. We had like NOTHING in common so we barely talked to each other. And she didn't bring any cash with her so I had to pay for shit. It was SO AWKWARD and I regretted it afterwards.

• That'll never happen woth me again, and I wouldn't recommend it, but hey... Such is life.

• Smile. Give her a hug. Say hello.

Where are people's manners these days? Just be polite.

• I would be shocked and it would show