What is the best way to get a date to a military ball?

I am focused on my career right now and don't have a steady girlfriend. However, finding a date for this is problematic, especially being assigned to different duty stations. It seems like every girl I ever meet that likes me has a boyfriend. I don't like online dating (I have some horror stories lol), and I am against dating through work etc. I also don't want to just ask out every girl I know and permanently making my social life awkward. It's important for my career (ironically) that I show up with a date to this event. I'm told that I am attractive and have my act together. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• You an officer? I never went to the ball, didn't have 500 for mess dress.
    Honestly bro if i needed to make an impression id bring a "friend" to the event to keep up appearances. Plus truthfully i doubt your career will be affected.

What Girls Said 1

• It's required you take a date? Since when? My brothers have gone solo and it wasn't an issue. One was a grunt, the other's a POG.

• It doesn't really matter if you are an enlisted low rank private, but image eventually becomes important

What Guys Said 1

• I haven't tried it this way, but I would think that if you were to make a dating profile on a website, making clear that you are just looking for a date to the ball, that someone would see that and contact you over it. Put a little video together for it that shows you are polite and funny.

• Good idea. Like I said though I have had some bad experiences such as being stalked through online dating and I don't want to expose myself to that again. And I would want to bring someone who is trustworthy.