What does he mean he isn't ready for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• He doesn't want you as a girlfriend. It's a lie. He will never want you as a girlfriend only someone to fuck. This is a rejection. It makes you think he'll want you at some point in the future which never happens.

Most Helpful Girl

• He is not ready as in he can not devote the time and energy to you as a boyfriend. He knows what that requires and can not give it to you. He may not feel attracted to you enough to try to make it work either. Move on and if he changes his mind he knows where to find you. Don't talk to him any more and don't be his booty call 2 months from now lol

What Guys Said 3

• The most obvious is rejection. But who knows. Only you do because you know him better than we do

• He just doesn't wanna be in a relationship cause he's got a lot going on in his life. And probably can't focus on a girlfriend at the moment. He saying this so he doesn't hurt you emotionally

• I agree. It seems like he saying he can't give her what she wants right now and that it's not fair to her.

• It means he's not interested.

Any man will do anything for the one he likes or loves or even has interest in. He doesn't feel anything towards you, stop wasting your time with him. im very serious

What Girls Said 18

• He means he's not ready for you.

Right now, for whatever reason, he's not up for a relationship. Please, please take him at his word and move on. Guys never say this unless they mean it. He's showing you the respect of being honest with you - so now you need to show him the respect of believing him. Move on girl, and find someone who IS ready and able to handle the awesome woman that you are!!

• He's putting you down but as gently as he can, he feels like you're really into it and want different things from him than he can offer you right now. Back off, let him be.

• Not interested in a relationship.

• The most cliche rejection. It means he's not attracted to you and will never date you. It has nothing to do with what's going on in his life. Some people just have a really hard time saying "I'm not into you".

• I see lots of jaded answers here. His text sounds genuine. If he wasn't, his text would have been shorter and more cut and dry. He's saying that because of what's going on in his life, he can't be a good boyfriend to you now and that's not fair to you.

• It's a rejection but better this than he led you on for sex

• That's the coward way of leaving you.

• He's letting you down gently but it's definitely a rejection. It's the typical, "It's not you, it's me" speech.

• I think he is trying to work stuff out with himself, maybe he is just not ready for a relationship and thinks that you only deserve the best, but he knows that at this moment he can't be that for you

• Hmm, we'll at least he's being upfront. Honestly, move on to someone new. It sounds like for whatever, something is holding hI'm back from gettING into a real relationship with you. I don't know, some guys are actors though and will say anything to get a girl to want them more. So maybe he's using reverse psychology on you. In my opinion, step from the relationship field with this guy and invest your time and feelings with someone wholl feel the same way about you.

• Maybe he's dealing with tough situations right now and is not ready for a serious relationship. I guess he wants to settle things down first before he approaches a relationship.

• Nice way to say he s not ready to commit
    And invest emotionally 😕

• lol...
    this is the famous part comes in :

IT'S NOT YOU, IT'S ME!!!

pheew... gimme a break

• time to let go and move on

• Kind of obvious. He doesn't want a rel.

• simply doesn't want a relationship with you

• He has other stuff going on in his life and he doesn't want to get involved in a relationship. He wants to put other things first and handle his stuff first, which is nice of him to let you know beforehand

• He is not ready for commitment yet and doesn't want to end up hurting you or himself. I'm in the same boat