Is it ok to still contact ex boyfriends while in a relationship?

Just wondering if its healthy to keep in contact with an x while in another relationship. Why do men feel uncomfortable with their partner keeping contact with xs?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm close friends with 2 of my exs and I understand how it's uncomfortable for anyone I'm Dating, so usually ask them to stop the playful spanking and things like that,
    Is it healthy? It depends on the ex I think, in your case if he's trying to get back with you or still have feelings for you, that's a no no, but if he's your friend, no problem with that, it important to be honest about it, specially with yourself, if you search your soul and discover that you like having them around cause you like how your boyfriend gets jealous, well that might be an issue
    Also most guys, me included, don't appreciate when are treated like they are being ridiculous for expressing a reasonable concern about you hanging out with an ex

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Thanks for your response, its insightful.

• Well glad to have help, last idea, for me personally it's hard not to keep in touch with my last ex, she was my best friend for many years, maybe she still is , not just my girlfriend, and I can't just stop talking to her, I'm not seeing anyone right now, but when I am, I explain it exactly like that, and I am open about it, and hope they can trust me enough

• I feel that in a relationship you should be able to trust your partner while observing them for odd behaviours if it is you might have any doubt. It is possible to have genuine friendship with an x. I try to stay away from an x who's single though.