How do I get over the fact that I'll never have a boyfriend and will always be single forever?

No guy will ever like me. At least not the ones that I find attractive and have a decent personality and who are not f boys. I've only dated 1 guy before and I'm 19. Every guy I met only wants to hookup with me or things would go well then something would happen or they're all f boys. Tbh I think I'll be single forever even tho I don't want to be how can I get over that?

419

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, the never mentality will always result to never happening. From my understanding, it seems that you need to have a partner in order to be happy. That should never be the case. Throw that negativity away and focus on personal development.

Your age is in between 18 -24... you're young and the guys (f boys) in your age group are most likely not ready to settle down. Use this time to better yourself, focus on your goals and aspirations. Guys will eventually come to you because they like intelligent women who know what they want in life and have a sense of direction. That being said, you should never settle for less. Make sure the guys that you talk to have personal goals themselves.

As for now, set the "I need a boyfriend" mentality aside and just for us on yourself. Guys will always be there. And they will come when you least expect it... that's how I met my girlfriend and she's absolutely amazing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Gosh I am on the same boat as you. And I'm about to be 24 with the same problem since I was 13. -.-
    I feel you on that!!

What Guys Said 18

• I never had a girlfriend until I was around 25. A lot of social backwardness and confidence issues to work out. Anyway, just be positive. Get involved in some activities that will enrich your life. There are plenty of guys out there. Some of them are probably too timid and chicken to even talk to you. Eventually you'll meet someone. It seems like it's easier to meet someone when you're NOT trying to meet someone.

• You don't have to be single for the rest of your life... there are a lot of guys out there and you only need one to actually date but judging from your question you're not very confident in yourself. That's a big problem because confidence is what is attractive to a lot of guys. Don't beat yourself up so much think more positively.

• My dear, You are under the thought that you will never find the right one. totally untrue. Self esteem is a difficult thing to harbor. you must increase your self worth. You are worthy. You deserve the best. You are still young and life holds for you immense promise. Believe in yourself. There are great things in store for you if you believe.

• just try. there will be a guy who like you. try being more proactive. go out to different places where you dont usually find guys. try coming from a different approach when you talk to a guy. and you can only be single forever if u want to be. there always someone out there

• Where can I go out to find guys? And tbh I belive there's someone out there for everyone but me from what it's going like so far guys will always choose the other girl and I don't blame them why would anyone choose me

• church, sports events or movies. stuff where you can have some thing in common. over billions on people i sure you find someone. and its helps to have more self confidence

• lower your standards

• They're not that high tho and I mean both you me and everyone else is not gonna date someone they're not attracted to right?

• True, just keep trying!

• Maybe you can hookup with a decent guy and weasel your way into a relationship

• Half the battle is won with the right choices

You're partly selecting the wrong type of guys

• don't think like this.. everyone finds there soul mate.. and you will too

• Your 19, calm down you have tons of time to worry about that later. You should only worry about that around 30

• The key to your problem is in this phrase, "not the ones that I find attractive "

• Well I'm not gonna date someone I'm not atrraxfed to lol Im sure you wouldn't either

• I agree I don't expect to be like 10/10 attracted to a guy but prob 8/10 attracted. I think one of the reasons people cheat early on in a relationship is because they date someone they're not really atteaxfed to and when they see a good looking guy or girl they're attracted to they cheat which is not right at all tho

• Maybe you need to broaden your horizons on who you think is acceptable to date? Because while everyone has some sort of standards, some select few do put too much thought into it and looks and stuff. You learn really soon ( most people at least) that looks aren't everything and will go away pretty quickly.

• Buy a lot of cats

• You have to find something attractive in a guy that isn't a f boy

• How do you know so much at your age?

• Just from experience

• Asker... Well I've got extensive experience myself. And I can tell you this ; either this result is because of self milipulated agenda of yours or you yourself are standing in your own way to your own success with finding someone. And by the way , this you talk about is not a fact. It's a result of your own doing

• Send me nudes. Haha :p

• Sadly this is womens fault... it fucking is. You women fucked us with feminism and equality and unfortunately now you girls pay in relationships. Most men just want to fuck and dump. So personally i hope you fall for a guy get used and he dumps your ass. Plus you will most probably be single forever. So just fuck off and cry somewhere else

• Lmao someone just got broken up with recently. Good thing not all guys are like you tho otherwise I'm sure all girls would be single if guys were like you

• I wasn't talking to you... dumbass...

• @Bluephoniex oh I thought you were... but no need to be rude lol just a misunderstanding

• Get over yourself. I'm almost 23 and I've never even been on a single date in my life.

• no. Absolutely not. I don't think you should settle for that idea. There is a saying there is someone out there for everyone. I believe that. I think your train of thought is a very dangerous one. I have seen people dig themselves in a deeper hole simply being negative all the time. I say sit back look at yourself in the miror and tell yourself. There is someone for me and it will be great. And you know what there just may be a man out there in the same situation and is looking for a girl like you. Why pass that chance up. I say there is a light at the end of the tunnel are you gonna chase it or are gonna turn around and go the other way.

• My first relationship was when I was 24, so don't worry. It may just take time.

What Girls Said 3

• Invest in a good vibrator

• you will have it when the right time comes

• Omg we should be besties. Lol I feel the same way but reading your words all I want to say is you'll find one take your time you're young do well in school have fun! And I should listen to my own advice as well :)