Why does my ex like to 'check up' on me?

we broke up like a month ago
i posted something on snapchat, he decided to dm me and make a random comment about it then asked 'hey are you dating anyone rn, if so hope you guys last long'' and i said ''no'' and he was like ''ohh ok''. the next day he also made a comment on my snapchat stories and sent me pic of this girl texting him and captioned it 'when she slide into ur dm''
like wtf?
why does he care if i date?
purpose of sending me that pic?

im over him alrd but wtf is all this all of a sudden? so weird.

101

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you care? He's an ex. He's keeping the lines of communication open so he can drift in and out of your life using you as a backup plan till he finds someone else. You will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he is trying to make you feel bad, he is trying to drag you down to his level because it looks like he is not really OVER YOU but he is playing dirty mind games with you.

Just leave it, he does not deserve you, if he really wants you back, he should try it differently, just ignore him and don't worry about him.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 9

• He is jealous and he is trying to make you jealous.
    My guy also admitted that he often stalked my FaceBook and Instagram when we were broken up.

• Sounds like he is trying to have some sort of "contest" as to who moves on first, childish though that is!

• He misses you... guys are not complicated!!

• He wants to be immature and keep tabs because he's still thinking about you.

Other than that, he's also trying to make you jealous by showing you conversations he's having with other girls and himself.

• Meh don't worry about it. Just being friendly possible.

• He may not like you anymore but he wants himself to stay relevant to you... Don't fall for it. There's a reason he's your ex. Just ignore him.

• He's your ex delete him from all your social media and block him. You don't need him and his negativity in your life. You don't need him to make you feel like this. He's just trying to get in your head. You're better off without him.

• he still has feelings for you but at the same time he wants to make you jealous

• Lol buddy. It sounds like he's still hung up lol. Kinda using you as a backup plan.