How do I get back into the dating game?

I haven't been on a date since 2013. During this dry period, I've only had one person ask me out at the beginning of 2016, and I still don't regret saying no. I have also asked two guys out and I've been rejected both times. With all the horror stories from friends and just the general weirdness of online dating, it is not an option for me, I cannot bring myself do that...

Soo.. what other ways could I get back into the dating game?

Most Helpful Guy

• Casually talk to people everywhere you go! This is critical, especially after high school and college when unplanned interaction with people is greatly reduced.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just keep approaching until you find a guy who's willing to give you a shot.

What Guys Said 11

• do you ever feel like you can be yourself around people who u dont have feelings for? you can be smooth and flirtatious. but as soon as you start viewing them as possibile relationship material you start to think twice about your texts, or saying the wrong thing. well the trick is to approach people in the same way u would approach a good friend youve known for years. somone who you can be yourself around, make jokes, say whats on your mind. one of the biggest attractions in a girl is being able to joke a round and keep things light hearted (it also reduces pressure) the way to do this is to enter a social gathering with the idea in mind that you aren't there to find a date. you aren't looking for a relationship or playing 'the dating game' . your there to have fun. be yourself. see your friends, laugh and have a good time. guys will naturally sense this and start coming to you. cary yourself in a way that says "I am independent, and confident in myself but also happy and willing to meet new people" do this by making direct eye contact with people u talk to. ask them about their occupation and follow up on their answers "Wow i can't believe that actually happened! did you boss say anthing after that?" . (in the end its about leaving a good impression). dont be afraid to walk up to somebody and ask their name and introduce urself. a week ago i had a girl walk right up to me and sit beside me at a party and start talking to me. we spent the rest of the night together. i might not have other wise ran into her at the party. dont hesitate to offer or ask to add somebody on facebook you have met. Sugest you take a picture with eachother to remember the night and offer to send it through text (a good way to get their number and a good ice breaker to talk about the next day)

hope this helped :)

• You kind of have to take the risks, you can't avoid them. If you aren't ready try a friends with benefits, that way you can learn to be less vulnerable.

• Go out more often and be more socially active.

• Maybe try to be more flirty towards the guys you like... also, just two rejections? The rejection rate for most (average) guys is between 20:1 and 100:1 ... so if you only asked two people out, that's nothing...

• What do you do? Do you work, go to school? If you don't want to do the online thing then you usually have to actually meet people to date.

• Just speak to people! Try to be more approachable, give off a happy vibe! Online dating isn't all that bad, sure there are bad sides to it, but in my experience the pros outweigh the cons!

• Dunno, I quit dating long ago (last one was in 1970, I think). and never bothered getting back into it once I realized I didn't have to date to get laid.

• Online. Find the right website.

• You attractive?

• once you learn dating is not a game then you get serious about courtship.

• if you go on tinder or pof you'll be swamped because you're a girl

What Girls Said 0