Why would a guy do this?

I'm seeing this guy and wherever we go, he holds open every single door for me. When I get to the door first and open it (because I'm clearly capable of opening my own doors) he reaches out and pushes the door open the rest of the way

Why does he feel the need to open every door for me?

57

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the way he's raised. I doesn't necessarily has anything to do with you. He finds pleasure in kindness.. Unless he's different when it comes to other people, if you've noticed anything of the sort.

Most Helpful Girl

• How lovely. He's being a gentleman. Of course he knows you can open a door and walk through it but he wants to escort you through the door by holding it open for you. A very nice tough in my view.

What Guys Said 6

• You're an idiot if you think he's devaluing you as a person. I hold the door for EVRYONE. Male female young old black white. You're only focusing on yourself. he's just being a decent human being

• Calm your damn tits. he's just being a gentlemen. I hold doors open for everyone.

• It's called chivalry

• He wants to feel useful

• He's being a gentleman but you already know that
    You ladies double minded when you find a good man you don't cherish him, you all prefer the jerks or the douche bags

• The guy knows you're not an invalid. It's called being a gentleman. Unfortunately it's rare for it to be appreciated these days

What Girls Said 4

• Because he is a gentleman, and gentlemen hold doors for women :) and this means he is well educated enough to do so.
    I applaud him <3

• He's what's known as a perfect gentleman, a very rare breed indeed. :)

• cus he's a gentleman

• Dear, pls don't discourage him. Just say thank you with a smile, if he opens the car door, lean over to open his own side.

His kind are going into extinction