How would u respond if someone from a different race approached you?

Would you date someone from a different race? When they approach you would you reject them outrightly, or would you be hesitant, or it wouldn't bother you at all and you will be OK with dating them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I live in NYC been here for 9 years so I get approached by all kinds of races, and I've dated a few. I come across them so much it's gotten to a point where I really don't notice their race until the mention it. But again that's in the city. I hear else where in the country it's not so diverse. But coming from someone who interacts with all kinds of people I can say there really is no difference. Some are kind some are assholes lol just like white people. If anything I find people of different races really interesting bc they usually can impart cool aspects of their culture into our daily lives and also has really interesting stories. I also find they are usually better traveled. Not sure why but I think that's really great

• Thanks, and i agree to it as well. There are good and bad in every race and it depends whether u met a good guy or a bad irrespective of the race !!

• Exactly 馃憦馃徎 Well said!

• 馃憤馃槈

What Girls Said 58

• I currently am. So that answers that.

• How would I respond? That depends entirely on how they interact with me? If I was physcially attracted to the person, regardless of race, and the attraction was mutual and so was the interest, then of course I would consider dating them and express my interest.

• How do people make such a big deal out of this race thing? 馃槓

If Im attracted to him then sure I might be okay dating them. Skin colour doesn't have anything to do with it.

• I dated an African American fellow one time. Honestly race doesn't bother me at all. If I'm emotionally and physically attracted to them than it doesn't matter to me what race they are. Now if I brought a man to my grandmother that was not Caucasian, she'd flip out 馃槀

• I'm perfectly fine with dating someone from a difference race. As would be apparent based on my boyfriend of more than three years. 馃憣

• I'm currently monogamously flirting with a guy of a different race lmao. It doesn't matter to me at all. Never thought I'd be interested in someone of his race but he's the coolest guy I've met.

• I like people who have a similar outlook on things and who I have a lot in common with, but the skin color doesn't matter.

• It doesn't matter at all. I know people have their preferences and some people just don't agree with it flat out, but I just wanted a decent man and I didn't care what shade he was.

• I'd be flattered just the same. It doesn't matter what his race is.

• I've known lots of people from lots of different races and ethnicities and I'm cool with anyone really. I'd date anyone if they were right for me.

• No... I don't have any prejudice against anyone...
    But I would hesitate to date anyone whom I don't know as a friend first.

• I would just tell them in a polite way and say sorry I'm not interested or I'm not interested in dating. I would react the same way towards them just like i would to a guy the same race as me. Why should my response be any different to a guy that is a different race than me? Although, it does make me feel uncomfortable when that happens because I don't know how their going to react and i don't want them thinking I'm racist. B. t. w. more black dudes have approached or flirted with me more than the same race. I can't remember any time that a white guy has ever approached me lol.

• Hmm may I know y u not interested in dating? R u married?

• No, I'm interested. I just meant that if a guy that wasn't the same race approached me. I would just say sorry I'm not interested because it's true.

• Yes, would, and already did. One japanese guy some years ago and one "black" boy when I was a kid, lol, but he wasn't really black, he was mixed/ a "light-skinned black", but in other countries like in the USA for example he would be considered black.

• Yes I would date them. I am already in a interracial relationship :-)

• I don't care really. Personality is important, colours can be overseen. Besides, I have never seen a person whose skin colour I'd call ugly.

• Yes of course I'd date someone of a different race. I would try them just as I would treat someone of my own race.

• If someone of another race approached me, I'd say hi.

• I just came back from a date with a guy from a different race.. he was awesome! I had fun.. not the first not the last.. I don't care about 'race' as long as its the human race.

• They have, and I didn't really see the difference
    except this one time, where I just did not expect him to approach, but he did and felt a bit surprised and flattered I guess.

Otherwise, it's the same as when my race approaches me

• I married someone from a different race. It literally means nothing to me what race a guy is.

• I don't think I'd be bothered by their race. As long as we can speak the same language and get along it should be okay. It would be nice to be with a fellow Filipino but if I happen to fall for someone of a different race/nationality, then I fall for them.

• Generally I would respond negatively to anyone that approaches me whether my own race or another. My boyfriend is of a different race than I am though.

• My boyfriend is history, so no I wouldn't reject cause of race.

• my boyfriend is from different county and speak another languge
    but both of us love each other
    we complete each other <3 its so intersting and never boring
    we always have things to talk about
    when there is a love. race and things like this does not matter

• I have done in the past and would do again.

• I'm open to it. I wouldn't know how I would feel if someone outside my race approached me though. I would feel like I've been put on the spot, and wouldn't say anything.

• I'd be open to dating a guy of a different race.

• I am seeing some one from different caste don't make no difference to me

• I would have no issues at all.

• "Oh hiiiiii" Lol I mostly date out of my ethnicity

• More from Girls
    28

What Guys Said 25

• I'm married, thus someone from my 'race' would get the same rejection as someone with a different skin color.
    Read what anthropologists say about it:
    www.americananthro.org/.../Content.aspx

• Well, that depends on the particular girl. If she doesn't interest me then it's happening. If she seems cool, I'll give it a chance. Skin colour is not being taken into account here.

• That happens hundreds of timestimes with me daily... why? Everyone's a different race than me!(unless there's a bunch of 1st Generation P. R./Arab American people out there wandering around too!)... and how do I approach? Like they're human. Unless they're an asshole, then we're at Defcon 5...

• I've always welcome it, and I"ve learned so much from the relationships that followed. Most girls outside the US are much less venal and neurotic and more together, and have a lot to show you.

• First I will be rather surprised. To find someone different out here is like finding a unicorn. I've seen a black person twice in my lifetime. Asian - slightly more. But I will probably turn her down. I don't find them particularly attractive and there are plenty of pretty local girls. Except maybe a latina, but I've never seen one.

• I only date the human race

• Great answer !! so it means no animals for u ;) !! Just kidding ;)

• I'd be like this...

https://youtu.be/JeeZA4B1qyI

Seriously though, it would be a non issue with me. I married someone who isn't my race.

• Which race? It matters.

• Please elaborate

• Strange, I expected female downvotes.

• Sometimes honesty doesn't hurt !!

• I've always dated outside of my ethnicity so I'm used to it. If I'm attracted to them, I'd be really flattered. If not, then I'll let them down. Ethnicity doesn't matter to me.

• I wouldn't care? Lol no difference.

• The same way I'd respond if someone of the same race approached me. Yes, I'd date someone from a different race.

• It has been ages since any woman approached me. If an ATTRACTIVE woman approached me, I'd be happy, regardless of race.

• The same as if any race would talk to me

• No one ever approaches me anyway so the question is irrelevant but I will humor you. Yes, I would date someone of a different race if I found her attractive. Race is not an issue for me

• No different than if someone of the same race approached me.

• Like a decent fuckin person? Wtf does race matter?

• I hate everyone equally so idc

• No thanks.

• Next!!! I like whites only lol

• I'd have no problem.

• Automatic friend-zone. I only date women of my own race.

• I like this @RJGraveyTrain

• I work around a lot of females. I've had some approach me of a different race. I'm African American. Some of the white and latino women flirt with me. I've dated a few. It's no big deal to me. As long as they look nice - I don't see a difference.

• here's a razor blade.. you cut yourself shaving.. you bleed red.. SO DOES EVERYONE ELSE.

• I wanna fuck a black chick in her ass.