Would you go to a McDonald's restaurant as a first date?

I heard an ad on the radio today and in it McDonald's was touting itself as a great place for a first date (one reason they gave, 'you can bond over $1 cheeseburgers"). i laughed out loud and thought it was absurd but then wondered if i was perhaps being an elitist for thinking that way and it made me wonder...

do people feel like Mcdonald's or another fast food place is a good spot for a first date?

• Yes a fast food restaurant is a good place for a first date
    11%(4)17%(11)Vote26%(7)
  • No a fast food restaurant is not a good place for a first date
    50%(18)54%(34)Vote59%(16)
  • Some fast food restaurants are ok but some are not
    39%(14)29%(18)Vote15%(4)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• At 16 maybe, but even then that's a big maybe. At 26 I'm not going to date a guy that doesn't have his shit together in life. You need to have your own car, a job, and your own place to live. That's not being a gold digger, that's just wanting a man whose at the same place in life that I am. If you can't afford something nicer than fast food, then you should probably be looking for a better job instead of trying to find a girl friend.

Granted if we go to a bar on our date and drink all night, and I ask you to take me through a drive through on the way home, that's different.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mcdonalds has a connotation as cheap, fast, bad food, greasy, and nothing authentic about it. It's filled with chemically altered lab flavours --> it doesn't have soul and that's the issue with mcdonalds

If you want a burger and something rustic. I betcha she wouldn't a cool diner with home made style fries and a milkshake in a metal cup type of thing. That has character, it's rememberable and a lot more interesting to chat over a late night type of meal

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...Edward_Hopper_1942.jpg

• i really agree with you. if the goal is a relatively cheap first date or getting a burger there are plenty of other options with better burgers for a similar price and a better environment for a first date

What Girls Said 18

• I have a true story about this:

So, last year (while I was 34), I actually had this 25-yr old guy come up to me while I was working (so, had a work uniform on and looked acted/professional), and when he asked me out he said we could go to McDonalds. I thought it was offensive--not that I was offended, because it's hard to offend me--but, to me, it says something about how you see me and how much I'm worth to you, like "okay, I'm cheap to this dude." I kind of chalked it up to his age, but now you're around my age asking this question, lol.

Also, I didn't go out with him, but I also did some digging into his background (found out he's married on Facebook) and put together stuff he said to me and figured out he was really trying to get at me for just sex on the side while he's away from home. So, to me, that kind of "confirms" my theory on "okay, if a guy wants to take me to McD's for a date, he quite literally thinks I'm cheap."

Seriously, I spend AT LEAST $40 at least once a month taking my mother out to eat at a restaurant (on both of us), so if a guy is thinking about getting me into bed at some point (whether he has a chance of that or not) he needs to drop a lot more than $10-12 on both of us total. Plus, every time I eat at McD's now, I end up with stomach aches and usually doing #2 in the bathroom afterwards... not exactly great for a date or after-date-sex (if that's what you're after).

• haha. the last few sentences are hilarious. the crazy thing is it isn't to hard to spend $10 at mcdonald's anymore since their prices are pretty nuts considering the quality of the food

• No, probably not. I might go there to chat with someone, but i wouldn't be thinking in my head that im on a date.

But, i could imagine going there on a first date and ordering like $30 worth of food... yes, id like a large double quarter pounder meal add bacon, with a chocolate shake, a 10 ct nugget with extra bbq sauce, a ceasar salad with chicken, a snack size oreo mcflurry and 2 strawberry creme pies... and then chowing down on all of it like you haven't eaten in a week

• I'm cool with going to a fast food restaurant but I don't like McDonalds much unless we're just getting milkshakes :P KFC would be better.

• Eurgh no. I mean if you've been out dancing or something and you're walking home and see a McDonalds and you go in - that's fine. Whatever the situation or what you've been doing but don't actually just take a girl to McDonalds for a date. Like no, eurgh.

• I'd be fine going almost anywhere as long as it's not too loud to hear each other talk. I don't eat mcdonalds though so something like chipotle would be better cuz then I'd actually get some food! My ideal first date though would be something like a carnival. So cute and fun.

• hahaha my first official date ever and with my current boyfriend was at mcdonalds! Neither of us had an issue with it.

• not a date date
    but to get to know the person first why not
    coffe or dast food joint is an easy and fast way

• Not so fancy but why not lol!

• No way haha not a first date

• kfc yes.
    mcd no.

• If we came back from a hike looking like a sweaty mess and it was on the way home. Sure I'd accept it as a first date meal.

• Ewww no!

• If I really liked the guy and wanted to spend time with him, then Mcdonalds is good enough for me. Honestly some girls are gold diggers. Hell if I was bought a box of chicken nuggets and a caramel latte or mocha I'm good. I'm here to spend time getting to know this person not criticise them on where the date takes place.

• I been on one there. I love my chicken legend 😋

• I'm not against a fast food restaurant for a first date. Tjd only problem is that they're full of teenagers and loud whores with the spawns which annoy me. If I want to eat cheap I'd stick to Turkish :) or a less known place.

• Yes, of course. I love unhealthy food *_*!

• i get the feeling you are being sarcastic

• Lol, no I am not. I mean it. I love it. I'd marry it :p. Too bad I have to eat limited amounts of it in order to look healthy.

• I wouldn't mind bonding over some bomb ass cheese burgers from McDonald's. Why go to some expensive dinner with watered down pasta. Dates are overrated, let's stay home and watch a movie while eating McDonald's drive through

• "Why go to some expensive dinner with watered down pasta."
      well you could still eat relatively cheaply without going to a fast food restaurant but i understand your point

• If someone never wanna use more than $1 on first date I wouldn't date them.
    I don't care if he's rich or pay the bill. Wanting to not spend money on date is a deal breaker lol i never grudge money when i date
    To go to the fast food restaurants to enjoy some bugers might be fine. But to go there to not spend money? Nooo

• Why dont you spend the money then?

• @Blitzkrieger that'd be fine if it's not a first date and you didn't go there just because to not spend money on me.
      But first date? lol... he probably wants to marry in there too

• Il arrange to put a ring on the happy meal box and when you open the toy there's the ring. I bet no girl ever is gonna see that coming.

What Guys Said 19

• I think it depends on how old you are, if you're 15 yes, and it's fun, If you're almost 30 or 30 + it might come across as cheap

• Yes, If I was 14.

• I personally wouldn't mind, but most girls wouldn't like it lol
    To me, the point of a first date is to get to know each other and spend time together, the place we do this has little to no effect in whether I'm gonna like her or not.
    But that's me, I'm a simple man, girls actually do care where they're taken.

• The connotation with McDonald's being seen as cheap, still hasn't completely gone away.

For this perception reason, I may sway away from McD's and pick another fast casual place to eat instead.

• HELL NO. If you want the woman to think you had NO CLASS sure take her to a fast food place on a first date.

• Lol not at all

• No. 1st dates are like 1st impressions.

• Maybe if your low on cash... while your at it you can double her on your peddle bike too

• I stopped at McDonald's during my first date. She wanted ice cream, so we got ice cream. That was not the actual date though, it was impromptu.

• Hell fucking nah

• The dumpster is more ambient

• if she asks me... yes. but I wouldn't offer it myself

• Hell yeah, McDonalds is good asf

• Sure why not? The simple things are coolest things in life.

• I don't eat fast food. But if I did, I wouldn't ever go there for a date.

• Yep if she didn't want to go on the play things at mcdonald im dumping her. Not worth dating anyway.

• nah brah that's cheap nomsayin

• If a girl asked me out and I really liked her and she took me to McDonald's then I'd have no issue with it. There are worse places and all that matters is that I get to spend time with her. Having said that, if I was taking her out I wouldn't take her there.

• If the girl is paying for herself then I don't mind going to a 5 star restaurant.