He cut me off. What should I do to get him to speak to me or should I let him go?

I have known this guy for two years. We began dating a year ago when I left for a another job. At first he very actively pursued me but I was a bit cautious because at work he was very flirty and outgoing guy. However I really started to like him and he said that he liked me too and started to be very shy in my presence and told me I make him somehow nervous. This is where things get odd. He suggested dates himself and then cancelled them the day before. However he still insisted he wants to keep seeing me. Whenever I brought up my concerns about him being even interested in me he gave me a silent treatment. He always came back though.

During this autumn things started to go bad. We have a kind of long-distance relationship because we live in different cities. So he was very busy at work and stressed. He used to told me he needs to get a new job. He has also a small child who doesn't live with him and he had started to spend more time with his child since August. He was kind of distant and didn't contact me often. I tried to be understanding and gave him space. I contacted him only once a week just to check how he was doing and he also initiated contact with me but less than before. We managed to meet only few times and i started to feel very concerned and told it to him. He then told me he isn't sure is there any chance for us although he really likes me. I insisted I want to keep trying and he agreed saying maybe we should make our relationship more serious. Then few days ago he told me he feels like he is a burden to me and cut all of the contact. I told him that's not how I feel and maybe we can make this work later when we aren't so busy and at least I want to keep him as a friend. I haven't heard from him since.
Now I don't know what to do. I don't know if he is again giving me some kind of silent treatment or doesn't want anything to do with me. I have heard from people that he is actually quite insecure guy and might have commitment issues...

.

11

What Guys Said 1

• It's over permanently and completely and you will not remain friends even if he suggests or agrees to it. He wants out and tried telling you, though he should've been more direct, that he doesn't see a future.

What Girls Said 1

• You should let him go. Don't make him a priority in your life. You are just an option to him and you deserve better than that.