Why did he ask if I have a boyfriend?

Guy I had a fling with a while ago texted me randomly and when I responded, asked if I have a boyfriend. When I asked why I never got a response, instead he just commented on how long we hadn't seen each other. Why did he ask then?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, that's not very difficult to figure out, why do guys ask girls if they're single? Is he working in statistics and you were part of a survey? Possible but not likely, the most likely answer is that he wanted to know before he ask you out, he respects people's relationships maybe, and wanted to make sure you were single before saying anything else,
    In this case scenario your reply "why?" Is almost aggressive, cause it can imply 2 things. A) why are you asking this? We're not friends, you have no right to ask something like that. B) why do you ask? Do you like? Explain yourself!!
    So if he is remotely a friend of yours a simple yes or no would have suffice

Most Helpful Girl

• If you had a fling with him, then he's seeing if you're currently involved because he probably wants to get involved with you again, whether for casual purposes or otherwise.

What Guys Said 3

• Easy. He wants to hookup again and wants to know he isn't being an accessory to cheating.

I gotta give it to him; quite a few guys wouldn't even ask if you were taken, they would just make their sexual interest known and make a move!

• How long ago and were you single at the time?
    After u had ur fling did u get into a relationship?

He is looking to see if you're available.

• We were friends with benefits for about 6 months, then we broke it off at my suggestion because I started to develop feelings for him. We were separate for a month although we spoke during that time. After that month he slept with somebody else. He was straightforward only after I asked a post me made, then e started the "I still want to be with you. I like you" speech. We still talk, but when he asks I always say no to sex.

• *I asked about a post he made.

• He wants to get with you but heald off on expressing it explicitly.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!