What does it mean when a guy ends a date early?

Earlier today, I went out to lunch with a guy that I just met online. We went out to lunch on our date. I asked if I can go over his house after we eat lunch and he agreed to. While we were eating lunch his phone rang and he answered his phone while we were eating lunch. While he was on the phone, he was asked to be somewhere because they needed his help for something and wanted him there right away. He told me that after he got off the phone so he had to drop me off home. We didn't end up going to his house after the date because he had to be somewhere right away. What does this mean?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. It was a real honest situation and he really did have to leave.

2. It was an intricate plan to end the date and get away from you by using deception in a non-intrusive way. This can be accomplished with apps like "fake call me" and a little bit of acting.

I've personally done both. Just wait and see if he contacts you again. That's the only way to know for sure.

• Side note...

Method #2 above requires you to actually schedule the fake call. I usually set a 5 minute delay or so. Do you remember if he was messing around with his phone very shortly before he received the call? That could be a red flag...

• He was texting shortly before he received the call.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did you set up a second date?

• He said that he is going to text me tomorrow to see if we can go out.

• I asked if I can go over his house before the date and he agreed to. I also had a feeling it was going well during the date.

• I guess you should just wait and see if you hear from him tomorrow, that will let you know for sure

What Guys Said 5

• Either it was a rescue call, set up in advance, to give him an easy way to end the date early, or it was legit and he had to be somewhere. If he doesn't call you again, you'll know the answer.

• Maybe he had a valid reason. Did you two schedule a 2nd date?

• I don't know if he is or not but that's what he said.

• Thats good, lets wait and see if he follows true. Be patient.

• If it is something related to his work or his family then I would not be too worried about it. I recommend waiting to talk with him about it because if it was for something unimportant then it makes a difference

• Probably he's done with you. You'll know for sure if he calls back.

• could very well be a work emergency. I had that happen once.

What Girls Said 0