Why would a guy turn down a kiss on the first date?

Most Helpful Guy

• He is trying to be a gentleman. And be polite and respectful.

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because life isn't a romance movie.

What Guys Said 10

• It's a great strategy
    Look at you, all squirmy About it
    When you do kiss him, you'll probably get your panties all crinkled up

• He simply didn't want to.

• I personally think it is a personal opinion and that maybe he was too shy or scared like most first dates. try again next time. Good luck

• Too beat down from the FI? [shrug]
    I swear, there's a whole generation here of girlie-men.

• Halitosis?

• He might have chickened out

• Did you initiate?

• Yes I did.

• Hmm maybe he was nervous?

• 10% chance he didn't like 60% chance he likes to play games...30% he's a fag

• No one should kiss anyone until they know their full background nowadays...

• He's trying to make you come to him

What Girls Said 9

• He may be a bit old fashioned and prefer to wait. He may have heard somewhere that girls feel more respected when you don't kiss on the first date, so he was trying to respect you (true story - this happened to me). He may have been super nervous, everyone is at least a little nervous on a first date. He may be shy. Or he may just not have been into you. You can't really know his reason without asking him, but I definitely would not recommend asking him right now.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't worry about it. Either you'll go out on another date and kiss then, or you won't go out with this guy again, but you'll go out with some other awesome guy who kisses you in the future. Don't stress about it! You're still getting to know this guy, and there should be no pressure to kiss at any specific time.

• He doesn't want to rush things. Still trying to get to know you. Doesn't want things to get hot and heavy quickly. Overall, I actually think it's wise not to go that far unless you both are entirely sure to express yourself emotionally and know you two have a future long term. Again, you both are still strangers if you two just met.

• Because usually a kiss on the first date is not something that IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN, and if it's supposed to happen im sure that BOTH of you have to agree on it.

• Maybe you are moving too fast.
    Maybe he's more reserved.
    Maybe he didn't like the date and doesn't want it to go any further.

• Maybe he doesn't know you well enough to make that move. He's probably a shy guy. Just make sure you know him better, make sure he's really fallin for ya, and then go for it. Also make sure the atmosphere and situation is right and your breath smells okay lol.

• Ask him.
    Maybe he's trying to take things slow?

• Probli nerves

• He wants to take it slow? Like ridiculously slow.

• bad breath