How do I know when my guy friend wants something more?

I've been friends with the same group of guys for a long time, and me and one of the guys have started hanging out a lot more than we ever had. We hang out almost every day and I've just been getting a lot of mixed signals from him I feel like. When we sit on the same couch he always finds reason to get really close to me, but he usually doesn't touch. He stares into my eyes when I talk to him, he invited me to go on a trip with him, and today he randomly brought up how he didn't have a valentine. He asked me to go dancing with him, and actual dancing not at the club. I don't know if he's just being friendly because we're friends or if he's trying to make it something more. Guys do you act like that around girls who are strictly friends? I feel like I'm overthinking it but I honestly would try dating him, but I don't want to ruin a friendship by making a move but then I don't want to miss out on an opportunity (if there is one) by acting uninterested.

Guys, do you think there are signals here? Or what do you do when you're trying to hint to your girl friend that you want more? And if there are signals how can I subtly hint to him that I'm interested without being too obvious just in case he isn't interested

12

What Guys Said 2

• other than sitting close to you and holding eye contact has he verbally flirted with you and touched you?

• I think he may become interested, if I'm trying to get a girl to know I'm interested, I'll flirt, tease, the usual I guess, I also try making her laugh as well, if you wanted to try to send any hints you could try breaking the touch barrier a couple of times

What Girls Said 1

• I think he is actually trying to make it something more. Are you interested in him as well?