Should I ask him out or wait for him?

So, I'm a senior in high school and I got my new classes recently. There's a guy in my English class, who is also a senior and I've had a thing for him from the start of the New school term. I mustered enough courage to approach him and talk to him about 3 days ago. The conversation was short (about 2-3 mins) because he was walking home and I was heading to catch the bus home. He also showed some interest by conversing back and told me about sports and his interests in that short span of time. Now that I've talked to him and broke the ice, I want to know what's next? Do I keep talking to him? I really like him and hopefully it can turn into a relationship. I was thinking about talking to him online (instagram or Facebook) and asking for his number. Is that a bad idea? We haven't talked besides that one encounter, but he was friendly and seemed interested in what I had to say. I'm still nervous to approach him again. I was thinking about inviting him out with me to the movies or a spot for lunch since it's Valentine's Day soon. Am I moving too fast? I just don't want to sit here and wait for him to ask me out and possibly give up my opportunity because I was too scared or worse, have someone ask him out before me... He doesn't even know I like him. I've only known him because of this class.

Also, from what I've seen he has some self esteem issues and is really nervous around me. He doesn't look me in the eyes when I glance at him. He awkwardly distracts himself, but I've also noticed that he's like this with girls in general. He's very shy. I can't hang out with him because we have separate lunch times at school.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would be best if you ask him. If that's you in your avatar, I really doubt he will refuse since you are quite pretty!

What Guys Said 3

• Just give it a try and ask him out. I think the main challenge would be the location to do that. You wouldn't want to ask him out in a very public school setting where all your classmates become aware of it and it becomes the gossip of the day. Instead, try messaging him via fb or Instagram and arrange to meet each other in an off-school setting of your choice.

• Don't be so formal about it. Ask to just hang out

• Ask. Him. Out.

• I think my problem is that I am afraid of rejection

• You're 100% correct there. It's either now or never

• you can try and make the date seem less formal, more like two friends hanging out. :)

What Girls Said 1

• should talk to him more and ask him to hang out with you