Girls, would you be offended if the guy took you out on a first date that didn't cost anything?

So I've started dating again recently and I noticed that as a guy it costs me quite a lot. The girls generally don't pay for anything (lucky girls lol). I've spent probably 300 bucks in the last month on dating alone and it's starting to be a drain on my wallet.

Would you be offended if the guy took you out on a free (first) date, like a walk in the park or something similar?

• I'd love to go out on a free date.
  • No thanks, I understand dating is expensive for guys, but I'd expect him to at least buy me something.

201

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I don't a guy to pay for me because I will feel like I owe him another date. But I expect him TO OFFER to pay as an act of courtesy.

If we're officially exclusive, then I will find it very gentlemanly of him to pay and will let him do so.

• Yes, I always offer and always pay. :) If you're officially exclusive, do you think the guy should always pay? :)

• I think that what you do is really good!
      I personally wouldn't go on a date without being initially into the guy, so the moment we start dating it's kinda obvious we're exclusive.
      But if I used dates as a way to get to know guys then I prefer it if I pay because Otherwise I will feel like i HAVE to give him a 2nd date or something else lol.

• Thank you and you're very kind. It's quite clear that your intentions are good. But even if you just used dates as a way to get to know guys (nothing wrong with that), in my opinion the guy should still pay and you don't owe him anything just because he paid. But I understand perfectly well why you would not want that and prefer to split.

Most Helpful Guy

• I took my last girlfriend to the park and we just walked around holding hands and talking (which is completely free) and she liked it.

What Girls Said 19

• I think you are a Gentleman and i am sure you are trying your best, but it's not fair that you have to spend so much money on dates, i would feel so bad if my date spends that much money, i would rather have a nice coffee and chat.

In this case you can actually test girls, see how materialistic they are, just take them out on a maximum 10$ date, which means, coffee and a little sweet... (biscuit) ... i would actually love this.

Remember it's important to get the right Girl who accepts you in every way and in whatever date you bring her she should feel AMAZING because you are by her side :)

• Not at all, first date with my boyfriend we just walked around the city center, it started to rain so we spent most of the time under a bus shelter lol, not the most glamorous date, but it gave us time to get to know each other, talk and joke around.

• I would think it was really thoughtful and smart if a guy could take me on a meaningful and enjoyable date without spending anything. I definitely don't want to be with a cheap guy though, so I'd ask him what brought him to that decision.

• yes, that's what I'm worried about the most, coming off as cheap! So if you asked him what brought him to the decision to take you out on a free date, and he told you what I explained in my question, would that be a good reason in your opinion?

• I agree with what you said. :) And I'm really thankful that you took so much of your time and put in so much effort into helping me. So, thank you! :)

• You're welcome, I hope everything works out for you.😀

• So my first date with my boyfriend was a walk in the park. We did the geocaching thing. Is that what it's called? Sorry if I spelled it wrong. But basically people hid things around a park and we went around trying to track them down. It was a free date but I had a blast.

• Just tell her to pay for herself.

• If it's creative and fun, then it's an awesome date whether it costs a lot or nothing at all. I care that a guy puts some thought into planning the date and making it fun for both of us. I don't care at all how much he spends.

• As long as it's a date where we can get to know each other and enjoy ourselves together, cost means nothing to me.

• That'd be fine. I would also prefer to pay for myself f we went somewhere that needed money.

• I'd be down for a sample date at Costco

• I would love it

• That's sweet, I don't mind that

• As long as I'd be spending time with the guy, it wouldn't bother me.

• I live in NY so what per say is a free date a museum a walk in the park nothing is really free if it's going back to your place I personally wouldn't do it.

• I don't see why I should get offended if someone who has no commitment towards me, beyond finding me attractive, not spending money on me.

• I wouldn't be.

• Some of our best dates haven't cost us anything.

• Free date is alright but surely you can find something more exciting than a walk in the park..

• No. To be honest going to park is awesome for the first date. But to not spend money on me? That's frustrating and I wouldn't date him again if i knew it.
    I think it's ridiculous for both genders to not want to spend money at all. If he doesn't want to spend money on me, he shouldn't expect me to spend money on him too.

• I'd pack sandwiches and waters maybe chips if I'm calling it a date... bang lunch/dinner and an activity (walking the park) & it would be super cheap... usually you can find away to do something with what you have a home so you don't have to go out and buy anything..

• That's a really nice idea, plus that way you can offer her something to eat (not doing so might make you look rude as a guy).

• I've taken guys on picnics or to hang in the park and surprise them with a meal... maybe alittle wine. I like to sit by the boats... I'll usually ask if he has a bike or skates and go somewhere with an awesome trail... I don't know what kind of girls you go for but guys eat that ish up-lol. In the summer we have a icerink that's free and it's 3$ to rent skates so I've taken guys there and once again I'll cook and bring food. If you in in or near a big city their are usually free museum days and other things if you look it up... put free or cheap things to do in ______ and you can usually find a ton.

• I like to pack food or pick up pizza slices to eat while we hit the pavement checking out the sites... I'm big on dates including food but pretty frugal about it.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!