Does this guy sound insecure?

I've been chatting to this guy online for about 2 weeks now. We've exchanged numbers and we set a date for Saturday to meet up and have a drink. Yesterday he sent me a message saying he was a bit nervous for the date, as I seemed very attractive to him on my pictures and that I might intimidate him. I hope he's joking, because I don't really want to date someone who doesn't have much confidence in themselves. We all have hang ups I know that, but I just want someone to value me as a person besides appearances. I also had an ex who was really insecure and that relationship drained the life out of me.

Anyway, I shot him a message back thanking him for the compliment, that he looked nice too, and that I felt a bit nervous too as first dates usually are quite nerverwracking. He seemed to appreciate that... anyway, should I give him the benefit of the doubt? Or proceed with caution?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think this should be deal-breaker. Many young-ish people have incorrectly negative opinions of their own attractiveness. What you don't want is someone who is passive, letting life happen to them instead of making a life.

• He's definitely not passive; he's got a job he enjoys and recently bought a house so he's got his shit together. I think it's probably just nerves, plus I'm not used to people saying that about me haha

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that he's just nervous about what you'll think of him when you guys actually meet. I mean there's a huge difference between talking online and in person. Its not a bad thing for him to be nervous he just thinks you won't think the same of him. + everyone is different online rather than in real life so he may just think that your thoughts on him will change once you meet.

What Guys Said 1

• Hey now jeez give the dude a break. I can relate with him. It feels nervous to meet a potential partner for the first time. He'll be confident soon. Give the poor dude a chance.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe he's not the guy in the pic.