Is it racist to not date a person of a different race because you find their skin colour unattractive?

• Yes
    38%(14)25%(19)Vote13%(5)
  • No
    62%(23)75%(56)Vote87%(33)

Most Helpful Girl

• Finding them attractive is different than finding them lower than you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Racist: I hate (insert race here), they are dirty/lazy/sleazy/stupid/inferior!
    Not racist: I don't find people of (insert race here) attractive.

What Girls Said 12

• Is it wrong to not date a bald guy because you find that unattractive?

The answer is the same...

*I think it would be racist if you think they're a bad person because they're that race... or if you hate them for beign that race. Not finding their skin color unattractive is very shallow - but to each their preferences.

• I agree with u, I don't feel like it's exactly racist just of the skin color. We hear different stereotypes of specific races, but that doesn't mean they all have the same traits.

• Muslims, for example, can be seen by some people as terrorists. That is racism. But I know for sure not every muslims are like that. As long as someone seems to be a nice person despite of their race, they're fine with me

• I'm not really sure what I clicked out of the Yes or No but I think not to the extent of actually being racist. Cuz you can say to other people despite black people cuz their skin is unattractive to you. Maybe for example there are white guys who don't have an unappealing skin color. Any one can say they don't like a specific type of person cuz of their skin. But just wondering, you wouldn't try it even though a black woman is a really nice person?

• Mmm Im not sure but I don't think it's racist.
    I find most skin tones potentially attractive but there are some skin tones I find less attractive.
    For example extremely vampy pale skin, or extremely black skin (although I like it on girls, I find very black girls gorgeous but it's very rare) or very dark indian skintone.
    So it's more like, the extremes of skin colors.

• I don't think it's racist. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. I have personal experience with this since I'm black but the vast majority of guys I've dated have been white. I would get questioned about it all the time.

Here's a little illustration:
    "I don't date black girls because they wear weaves and they're ghetto": that's racist because you're choosing not to date black girls based on stereotypes.
    "I'm not attracted to dark skin tones": not racist because you're making blanket generalizations about a group of people.

Hope that helped!

• It's not racist, it's just a matter of taste, some black people ARE HOT !!! and i mean it HOT ,, but some are not... just like WHITES.. so this does not make it racist :)

• No that's not racist. Finding anything about somene unattractive is just that... finding them unattractive. If you thought you couldn't date someone because they are a different race AND I think I'm superior to that race... that's racist

• No you just have a preference. I mean I will date a guy of any race but I tend to like white guys more. Nothing wrong with having a preference.

• Yes.. that is indeed racist. I wouldn't dismiss someone because of color or race.

• That's like someone telling another person o sorry I can't date you cause you're white.. really?

• There's a difference between preference upon physical attraction and then not being attracted to someone, because you see them as being beneath you. Such as you stated a girl who dated a guy for his money. That's stating that men with lesser amounts of money are beneath them. The same goes for those who refuse to date someone, because they see that race as lesser than themselves, but for those who don't find that specific skin color all that attractive based on physical looks alone. It definitely isn't racist, because it's a preference based on equal standing towards fairness.

• No one mentioned anything about seeing them as being beneath them. The whole question was about physical attraction, so I don't know why you're going into all that when you've already said I was right about it being preference.

• no it is not it is about your preference

• no, its preference. Just like like cake over pie.

• I believe that there's always some kind of preference for each people. Personally, I would say I like certain race guys more than others but my friends are always telling me that I only date certain race guys and even call me a racist bannana :/

• Not really. I mean, you like what you like and sometimes you can't really explain why you don't find something attractive, you just don't.
    It's not like you're going around saying "I don't date dark skinned people cuz they're all trash cuz of their skin" or whatever so.

What Guys Said 20

• It's not racist to have preferences. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. It's not racist.

• To some people it is which is why you should always say you are equally attracted to all races even if thats not actually true. There's no reason why anyone needs to know that you won't date a particular race.

• Well, according to this society, it's only "racist" if you're white... Most black, Asian, brown peoplr aren't attracted to white people and they don't get called racist.

• Well, some people may take offense on it, but as long as you don't have anything against that people, like, actually hating them or thinking about them as inferior or something like that, I don't think it is racism, just a preference.

• Tough I personally would give her an oportunitie and see how things goes, but that's up to you really.

• No. It's a preference. Not being attracted to certain feature/s doesn't make you racist.

• Technically, Yes. But it's not fueled by racism if it's merely the skin color seeing as it's not "You're black, therefore I don't like you" but rather "I don't like your skin colour"

• Here to see how many lies I can find. Most racist people are so racist that they do not even realize. If you tell me you can treat every race equality with no hesistations you are full of sht.

• No, there is nothing racist about that. You shouldn't date someone you don't find attractive.

• Not at all.

• Not at all. Back before I was married, I rarely dated white women, and I'm white. I grew up around mostly white, black, and hispanic kids and for some reason I always found Asian women to the best looking and white women to be the least good looking. Everyone has different preferences, but there's nothing wrong with it.

• no as attraction isn't a conscious choice

• I say no, don't force yourself to date somebody you are not attracted to.

However, if u found someone attractive and you would date them, but you choose NOT to because said person is XYZ ethnicity, then that would be racist.

Also, colorism can happen within the same ethnicity.

• No. How can that be racist? You shouldn't have to date anyone you dont find attractive.

• not sure, but everyone has its own likes and dislikes, so its not bad

• Humans are wired to be with those of the same race. Decades of societal programming is changing that. You are fine and perfect not racist.

• Personal taste can never be racist. Or offensive towards anybody really. Personal taste is personal

• Nope.

• It's just preference. Take me for example - I hate negro women but I can't stop fucking them. I absolutely hate them but I just can't get enough.

• no mommy