Why is he friend-zoning me after he said he wanted to kiss me?

Me and this guy have been spending time together for a few months. When we hang out together we have a great time and he is always laughing and smiling in my company.

I asked him recently what he felt about me and he went very flustered and started stuttering and repeating himself. He went very embarrassed and said that he enjoys spending time with me and wants to continue hanging out with me. He also said that at one point he was thinking 'should I kiss her'

But then he said 'i hope you still want to hang out with me after tonight'

Why did he say after he said he wanted to kiss me and then friend-zone me?

64

Most Helpful Guy

• Men do that for the sake of making you think about them and coldly hooking you into themselves. It doesn't means he wants a relationship with you, but that's not an unusual behaviour. I've done this before, after kissing a girl and taking a next step for the sake of always having her availability active.

Most Helpful Girl

• Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    THAT'S NOT FRIEND ZONING YOU!

Your other question annoyed me too because I just wonder how you can be so oblivious lol (no offense). He likes you but he's shy and the reason he said "i hope you still want to hang out with me after tonight" is because he's worried that he's scared you off by telling you how he feels. He feels like you don't like him back and now things are going to be awkward and you won't want to be around him anymore.

Why don't you just tell him how you feel or make the first move? You're confusing him and he's too unsure/shy to just go for it.

What Guys Said 3

• Hanging out is not dating, so that's that, him enjoying your company can mean a plethora of things. I guess your so busy looking for signs and body language that both means he's being nice. Kissing you. It's 2017. I can grab a girl and in 2 days we could be kissing for the fun of it. Why. Fun, that's why. It requires no emotions, feelings, nor commitment.

• he wasn't ready. he's afraid to lose you and he's afraid to hurt you in anyway. maybe he's waiting for the right time and , well , the right time could be "will you marry me". just wait for it (:

• That doesn't sound like friendzoning to me.

What Girls Said 5

• There's no such thing as the friend zone the friend zone implies that a person who you are friends with owes you a relationship when the fact is they're not into you and don't want you and don't owe you anything but maybe he was just saying or maybe he wants you to make a move maybe he just wants to do you and go back to normal ask him only he knows

• Because he thinks it would b awkward if you guys continue to hang out and be friends. In his case I think he wants friends with benefits with you but like I said he still want to hang out with you so he doesn't want to fuck up and kiss you. Cause you to want be his girlfriend when all he wanted to do was kiss for the fun of it

• He likes you, it's just that your question took him by surprise, you should just him some time and hopefully he'll make a move

• He didn't friendzone you

• So someone is friend zoning you because they just asked you if you'd still want to hang out with them...