What's is the deal with sluts and studs?

So basically, I find it weird that if a girl were to sex with a lot of dudes, she get hated and called a slut. But if a guy does the same with a bunch of girls, it's a different story. He is the cool guy that gets all of the ladies. There was this show and basically this dude told his girlfriend that he slept with 70 women and she excepted it. Then she told him and she said she slept with 10 dudes and he started to call her a slut and Immediately cheated on her. I really think it is disgusting both ways but why is it hated when a certain gender does it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I slept with quite a few women - never got praised for it. Ask most women here what they think of men who've slept with loads of women and they'll tell you they don't really like it, just like most women. I've only ever been judged negatively for it, never praised. I don't know where people get that idea from, it's just a strange idea that people would praise me for sleeping with people. The only difference I see between men and women is that it's more of a big deal for men choosing a long-term partner (men and women want different things in a partner), and women tend to slut shame each other while men just don't give a shit what other men do.

Most Helpful Girl

• The only people who have known to hate sluts are other girls, or guys on G@G. Lol. I've met few in real life.

• Yeah I know, I been called a slut before for having male friends. It's is honesty stupid but we're in from its is mostly guys doing it.

• Honestly, it's insecurity on most people's ends, or it's just a petty reason to poke fun.

What Guys Said 19

• What's the ideal with virgin men being shamed, while virgin women are praised?
    I love it when girls complain about the "slut" double standard, but say nothing about the virgin double standard. They go hand in hand, you can't complain about sluts while you say nothing about virgins -_-

• I don't think men should be ashamed of being a virgin and it's a good thing. I know a lot of females that would go for a virgin guy because he would judge as much as if he was experienced. So i think it is mostly guys who judge you on that but yaw do call everything gay when it's not and try to hide your feelings when that not good for you health. It's literally not good for you health if you hold emotions look it up.

• We're a long way from equality, especially here in the USA where there is smooch income inequality. Just as people elect billionaires to solve the problems of ordinary people (?) the women tend to belong to the Trumps, right, exclusively.

So we admire the Trumps with all his model wives and girlfriends.

But somehow, the girlfriends are supposed to be loyal to him...

I say, rather, a bit odd.. but so long as we have such income inequality and traditional male dominance in most spheres, it will be like this.

• You don't know what the hell you're talking about, it sounds like you learned everything you know about men and relationships by reading Archie comics.

That, "ohh, the guy who brags about getting laid all the time is a stud, all the guys high-five him for being a man whore."

I've literally NEVER seen or even heard of that in real life. Seen it as a trope in some bad fiction, seen it as a punchline from Sex and the City, hear women bring it up ALL THE FUCKIN' TIME, but I've never actually seen that in real life.

• It's one of our privileges for picking up the bill

Hey, you want props for hitting it, you foot the bill and be the man. Otherwise take a back seat butterbutt

• For one: I didn't understand anything you said

Two: what the bell is a butter butt

Three: what bills are you talking about your acting like women don't pay bills too, like we're are you from.

Four: you need to work on your grammar and the way you speak because the way speak I think you more of a boy then a man

• Oh yeah now I understand, like guys can't do certain things but he be seen as gay or not manly and girls can do certain things because it will be seen as unladylike or sluty. Yeah now I know what you mean

• If you look up the calculation not really. Actually girls are most likely to get put in hire position exspecaily from what they look like. So that is false info. Guys are also most likely to have bad things to them so I'm as rape, suicide, more jail time in prison, so I'm were going to use that kind of info to say that males are superior then women instead of saying we have equality and the same problems then yeah. You may be stronger but it's true we get more support

• Nothing, they are both worthless in my eyes unless I know them.

• I agree with you. Both whores and whromongers are pretty gross people.

• Yeah, thank for being one of the nice people

• Wow. I see you're a virgin. That's special.😊

• Yeah I 100 percent agree, that why I think it's gross

• 0|2
    • Well, she does have a point there. There's not much effort that girls have to put into sleeping around. But guys have to work considerably harder at getting lucky multiple times. Still, I don't think slut shaming is acceptable with either gender.

• Yes that is a good point. A girl all we have to do is be pretty and that's it but you guys have to walk up to that selective female and say something. And have to be attractive to that female so there for she is write about that

• But no mater what it is still disgusting you clearly have never heard of std's and the chance of having tons of women pregnant over fun.

• Slut concept is actually invented by women to shame the competition into submission - guys will privately really not care much, but women will enforce this as a rule (especially the ugly jealous ones - to at least get back at pretty girls if they can't be one)

• Oh well make sense, I remember I was called a slut to talking to this guy but I was just talking. And then I found out later that, that was her boyfriend

• The only reason why she didn't beat my ass because I'm way taller then her

• Yep - guys fight with fists, girls undermine confidence to retaliate.

• It's based in ancient family. If a woman sleeps around then she sets a bad example and may cause unwanted children in a family which will end in her ruining the family.
    But a girl CAN DO IT, almost any girl can have sex with almost any guy, but if one guy can have sex with dozens of women? Then he has probably hit the genetic lottery or something.

• Not everyone endorses guys doing girls but it's more serious with girls because they can get pregnant

• That show is a bunch of bullshit I'm sure and if it's not then it's a cherry picked issue! That's not going to be a typical standard reality. T. V. and media do this kind of thing for entertainment. Don't let it get to you it's not real.

• It's dates back to the idea that women are supposed to be more selective with their partners. Because a man can get 3 women pregnant in a day but a woman can only get pregnant every 9 months.

• This was answered here literally a billion times. Did you really need to ask that stupid question AGAIN?

• Well I'm sorry but I just got here. Sorry for annoying you I just wanted to know and I could find anything. Just was curios

• Ok then: the simple version is it takes a lot of effort for guys to get laid, while for girls this stuff is effortless. Also, there is the quote "if a key unlocks many locks its a master key, but if a lock is unlocked by many keys, its a shitty lock"

• Oh ok thank you.

• It's not going to be diminished anytime soon, it's just the way it is. People will still use the word "slut" one time or another.

• you like cars?

• He just didn't value her and had no respect. He is a man slut... besides it's a double standard, and sadly it will prob not fade any time soon.

• You hate men Third Wave. It's because you hate daddy. But you'll never be a man because you have a cunt. And cunts get fucked. So therefore you will never achieve virgin hood.

• What no, what is wrong with you. Is this the same guy that called me slut. My dad said that gays are evil and they should burn in hell and atheists are devil worshippers. plus he is abusive and hits me

• I love this conversation, it's funny how your pissed of with me when I defend me but ask one question about sluts and studs. I can't be mad but I'm going to keep responding sense I'm bored

• Please respond, I want more fun

• Keys and locks..

• Sleeping with women requires skill, sleeping with men requires... A vagina

What Girls Said 3

• Think of a guy like a key and a girl like a lock. A key that can open many locks is known as a master a key. A lock that can be opened by any key is a pretty shitty lock

• No, stop believing in that bull, the whole "guys get treated with respect if they sleep with a lot girls" is a lie. Promiscuous men and women are not celebrated, in fact a lot people find it highly unattractive for a man or woman to go sleeping around with everybody. Its seen as distasteful and shows that the person has no self control or and not a person who can commit/stay loyal to one person.

• i feel like this will forever be a problem between how these things are seen