How can you learn to love yourself?

I know the number one thing girls love in a man is confidence. So I've been looking that up online what it means to be confident and a repeating phrase comes up, love yourself. If I go on dates and they turn sour or talk to women and get rejected, how can I love myself? It tells me girls I like don't like me back for some reason, and there is something wrong with me. Of course I love myself and all, but am I happy with myself? No. Thoughts?

11

What Girls Said 1

• By realizing you can't hate yourself into anything better, it only does further damage and the cycle repeats. Change what you can if you want to, accept what you can't because hating it won't make it go away. Don't make things worse by crying over what you can't change - make the most of it.

What Guys Said 1

• I think of my huge brain, above average looks, my modesty... and I swoon. Don't rely on other people for validation.