He wants me to meet his mates on our third date? Is it weird?

I've been on two dates with this guy I met online, and naturally, I was expecting a third date from him for this weekend. He asked what my plans were this weekend and I said I am free in the evenings. He is meant to meet up with his guy friends/best friends Saturday evening for a night out, but nothing is confirmed.

He asked if I wanted to go out, and then said, "my mates might be there though". I don't mind going out in general, but I'm not sure if I want to meet his friends yet and also, I don't want to be in the way of a boy's night out... plus I am very unsure as to HOW he will introduce me to his mates. When I said that I didn't want to be in the way of you boys, he then said hmmm he will see what the guys want to do.

Is he trying to claim me in front of his mates? Is he saying I am his girlfriend, even only after two dates? We haven't even kissed or held hands yet... What is he trying to do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you thought about the fact that he may be interested in you, and wants a more comfortable sort of date, that mixed in with the fact you're a girl, you have friends. He has friends. It's night out drinking, need I say more?

Although yeah maybe if he likes people easily then he may be not necessarily trying to claim you, more wanting to show you off potentially, and he'll probably introduce you to them as the girl he is dating!

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes it is.

What Guys Said 3

• You two met online, he probably hasn't brought a girl around his friends in a while.

I suggest you establish where the relationship stands prior to any introductions.

• He is another guy who values friends over SO.

• nah, just wants things to be in sync

What Girls Said 0