If a guy/woman has scars on his/her body would you be turned on or off?

I have my enormous stab scars on my torso. All over it. Last time I showed it to a girl she was completely turned off and it didn't work out.
Now I'm afraid to show myself to anyone ever again ;(

• Scars are a turn off
    2%(1)5%(3)Vote12%(2)
  • Scars are a turn on
    25%(10)21%(12)Vote12%(2)
  • I couldn't care less
    70%(28)70%(40)Vote71%(12)
  • Other
    3%(1)4%(2)Vote5%(1)

Most Helpful Girl

• Even in history, scars are a form battles you won over. For me, scars are a reminder that we fought for something. Like me, I had a major surgery when I was 8 on my right leg & right foot because of a giant tumor. They needed to take a bone from my right leg to fill in the place where the tumor was removed. From there on, it's always visible. It's permanent. And I'm not ashamed of it. For me it's a conversation starter. My fight was overcoming the post surgery pain & hassle of everyday life after that. As a kid, it's difficult to be teased using crutches and being unable to play until your surgery is completely healed. It was really something I'd never forget.

• That's surgery. Mine was an attack. It's not something a person forgets.

• Yeah, that's true. I did go through some depression after that

• Maybe you should've explained first to the girl what you went through before you showed your scar to her

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a subjective thing, some people won't care, some people will care. Some people might be shocked if they didn't expect to see the scars. Others may be concerned about what the scars represent rather than about the scars themselves. It would probably be easier for all concerned if you were able to talk to a girl about the scars before revealing them to her. That way she is mentally prepared and can ask any questions that might be on her mind.

What Girls Said 18

• I'd be fine with it. If anything I'd want to know more about it and possibly be there for the person if it was a traumatic time for them. Help them accept the fact that they have those scars and it might have been from a bad past, bad accident, etc but it's who they are. Don't be afraid to show your scars to someone. That was just one person. You'll find that special person who will accept you 💘

• But it's hard. Even when I swim, I wear a swimming T-shirt.
      And yes it was pretty traumatic... very

• I know the feel.
      Thank you! I really appreciate it☺️

• No problem 😊

• Wouldn't mind at all. It's more likely to be a turn on if anything lol. I love my guys scars. He doesn't have many and I don't know what my fascination is with it lol. One of them is from self harming and it's just a reminder of what he's been through I guess. Stab scar is a little more serious though and I think I'd be a bit shocked and not know what to say at first, but it wouldn't put me off wanting to see a person again. Not at all.

• Maybe wait longer before becoming physical and showing her yourself naked. Wait for that emotional/mental connection first to ensure you really get along. Because if I had that with someone and they showed me their scars that would only deepen the relationship - not turn me off.

• I did tell her I has scars and she was all excited... until she saw them. She seemed scared when she looked at it. I dot want people to pity me, but I can't get rid of them either

• Yup, that's the most logic

• *logical*

• It feels weird to call it a "turn-on" but seeing that would only make me want to love him harder. I would feel compassion for whatever he went through and I would see him as a survivor.

• It doesn't bother me.

• I have scars on my thighs so who am I to judge? <3

• I have plenty of scars on my body and men don't find me any less attractive or desirable. So, ya, I wouldn't really care. Scars are cool! And can kinda be sexy! cdn.psychologytoday.com/.../115497-113416.png

^^

♡♡

• I have a huge scar on my lower abdomen, so no, I don't judge, I would caress it though. I like scars 😊

• I'm really curious... I want to see them now! Like how big are they? Do they look ugly even? A picture woulda been really cool. I guess I'm kinda into them. I have numerous scars on my body because I was an idiot and did insane stuff, but like, stab wounds? That sounds cool!

• Well, I was attacked by a man. He stabbed me multiple times on my chest and stomach. But it wasn't just like he stabbed me. He would stab me and then roll the knife from my chest to to my belly button.
      I almost died. I was lucky that a woman saw it all and called the ambulance/cops to take of me/him

• BRUH. THAT SOUNDS PRETTY WILD.

I'm just curious... would you be willing to dm me a pic? I promise I won't react badly trust me lol.

• Unless they're extremely grotesque, I wouldn't really care. It would neither turn me on or off.

• Mine are grotesque. Would it be turn off/on?

• Yeah, you get it now. It's not fun to have scars. A lot of guys find it cool. I honestly am jealous for the "scarless" people

• I mean, I'm sure I don't have anything as bad as you, but I've got my fair share of scars. My right knee has three gashes that still have tar in them from an accident 10 years ago. Not exactly attractive lol. All I'm saying is, it's not necessarily a bad thing and I'm sure many people wouldn't mind it at all. Maybe even I wouldn't, who knows?

• I wouldn't mind

• a girl that truly likes you will accept your flaws. i have a lot of scars on my thighs and arms and i understand how hard it can be to show someone. but scars shouldn't matter

• I get pretty intrigued with scars, hearing the stories behind them is interesting :)

• I have self harm scars in my body, on my left arm and my upper thighs going down my legs and guys find that to be a turn off. I feel unwanted.

• it wouldn't bother me. wouldn't be a turn off, it means you have lives, you got a history, a story behind the scar. if a person is in love they stay in love with the person, at least that's how I see it and feel it

• I loooooooooove scars

• tbh it shouldn't be the problem. I'm cool with scars, not really a big deal for me

• If she was so superficial you didn't want her anyhow... whats gonna happen when you guys get old? No old person is super sexy, they are just super loved by their saggy wrinkled counterpart.

What Guys Said 6

• I think scars add beauty to a person. It paints a landscape across their body that is unique as their memories and experiences that shaped them.

• At least you face isn't scared up. Mine is. I'm pretty sure it doesn't help my love life much either, but at the same time it hasn't hindered me too badly.

• It wouldn't be a turn off now

• No i don't mind scars at all.

• Chicks dig scars

• Yeah, "cool" scars. Not terrifying ones

• Superficial women will always be superficial. Show me one grown ass woman without scars. If she doesn't have any, she hasn't lived at all. Do not let that turn you off women. Plenty of us might be sad for you, might react to them, but that doesn't make it a turn off. Honestly, your fear and shame about it are what you need to focus on. Women pick up on your insecurity about it. Get to a place where you can laugh about it. Once you don't give a fuck, the right woman won't either. It'll be another unique part of you that makes you, you

• I have two giant scars across my torso and I think they're awesome. I'd date a girl with scars.