Have you ever been someone's bad date?

"What's the worst date you've been on?" Is a question that often gets asked. It's answer usually portrays the other person as the bad guy.

But have you ever been the bad guy?
Have you ever been someone's bad date?

Have you ever been someone's reason for a bad date?

Share your stories!

#WhatNotToDoOnValentines

818

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been on a bad date. It was a blind date that my guy friend had set me up with another guy. He was awkward as heck and sooo clingy afterward, he even asked for my fb and my number but i said no... so afterward he just sent me some cringy ass love notes.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yup I sure have. Things were going great. We had good chemistry and had ordered desert. When she started to touch me under the table. I swattered her hand a few times off my knee and thy. Then I told her that I'm not going to have sex until I am married. She thought that I was joking and using a line. So she kept at it. She came over to my side and tried to shove her hand down my pants. I just grabbed her hand pushed it back to her scooched away. And told her that I was serious. She shot out of there crying. I felt bad and I also had to see her each week at church. After 2 years things eventually stopped being awkward and we could then talk with each other. It turns out that she had a crush on me for 2 years prior and she had decided to get rid of her virginity that night with me because she was tired of being teased for it. Cause of what I did she kept it. Until she got married 3 years latter oddly enough. Her husband even thanked me for it the week after the honeymoon.

What Girls Said 7

• I can't remember any time when I've been the one to blame for a bad date lol. Sometimes I'm just not good enough for them.

• I stopped a date before it even started because I found him unattractive.

• That must have been awkward lol

• That's not being a bad date. In fact, that was wiser and more considerate than if you had gone out with him.

How did you stop it before it started?

• @Bluemax well we met at the local clubbing place. I was with my friends, and he was with his. So I toldm him that I'd rather stay with my friends. Had it been a proper one on one date, I would have gone through it and just refused a second one.

• Not so much. But I have been very "professional" and "clinical" on a date. There were dates where I never show any interest in them but I was polite. The night ended with a handshake.

• yes, lmfao I once trolled this girl on a date

• Yes. It's always my fault. If a guy has no money then I'll fuck him over. I only want a rich guy

• they were all good

• I had a stain on my clothing. And I showed up as me... he wasn't interested from a mile away.

What Guys Said 17

• There was only one time I went on a date with a girl where I didn't get a second date and didn't even get to sleep with her.

And it was a movie date. She only had a few hours off that day between work and so we met at the train station, she was running a little bit late, and we had to hurry to the movie theater. The film was Marie Antoinette which was kind of an odd film, not exactly something that gave us so much to talk about after.

We only had a brief period after to talk over coffee and there just wasn't much there for me to work with.

Since then I never picked a movie date for a first date ever again. I realized there's a much better way to spend a couple of hours together with a girl I don't yet know very well than mutually staring at a screen.

• After that horrible date, she wasn't interested in a second date. Since then I always picked dates where I could get close physical proximity to a girl (even walking side-by-side is better than a movie for me), talk a lot, be playful with each other.

One of my favorites since then when I was much younger was the amusement park if the girl was up for it, since the adrenaline rush of a scary rollercoaster ride often served as an amazing icebreaker to make us both completely comfortable with each other, and an easy way to work towards something affectionate.

• I agreed to go on two blind dates a close friend planned out and it turned out to be two twin sisters who are identical. Which yes makes it hard when the other one tags along. (I use the moles they have on their faces to tell the difference.) But the first one who was super sassy and overly dependent. Clashed terribly it wasn't like we walked out on each other but nether of us had any real topics we both liked so it just got kinda really awkward. xD.

• However the other twin we did work out as a pair and thats who I am dating however its complicated when we hang out. And difficult to introduce them to people as they look the same and dress the same. And this is also the reason for my profiles status as complicated. As people get the twins mixed up RIP.

• Congrats on being the first question I ever upvoted. This is truly an awesome question.

Looking at the answers, this is somewhat like two questions I once asked about bullies. I asked, "Were you ever bullied?" Next I asked, "We're you ever a bully?" The former question got scores of replies almost all in the affirmative. The latter question got a mere two replies, with one of those replies from someone who misread the question, thinking I had asked if he was a bully victim.

We are often the worst judges of ourselves.

Any rate, the truth is most of humanity has at one time or another been someone else's bad date. Most of humanity can't see that due to the truckload of bias we bring when judging ourselves.

So although no one complained I was a bad date that I know of, in all likelihood I was probably someone's bad date. And to anyone reading, probably so were you.

• yeah, i went on a date in December with a nice girl. I thought it went well till the end but when I asked her out for a second date she said no.

• Yeah, but I told about it on here before.

I had a first date with a girl I met on the internet, but there was a problem at work and I had to stay late for the first time in ages, so I was about 20 minutes late and didn't have time to change and get cleaned up (I did call and tell her). Then after we ordered drinks and appetizers and talked for about 15 minutes I had a rather violent gastro reaction and spent about 20 minutes in the men's room. When I came out she had left and paid the entire bill.

• nope never, because I'm awesome and everyone loves me.

• Nope, I'm awesome! :- D

• Yes, I'm usually the creepy stalker who calls to often.

• No, but I imagine anyone that has the misfortune of dating me would think that.

• I have been. She said I talked too much, showed up late, and ate a little messy.

• Nope, because I don't date.

• your mom's.

• Yes I have

• No never

• Yep. Unfortunately. I was in a relationship and went to the movie theater with a girl. I didn't like the movie we were seeing, was frustrated by the lack of dates with the girls I really wanted at the time, and was in a period of time where girls were "cold hearted." Before the movie started, I went to the bathroom and just left the movie theater and drove home... it was cold. But it made me realize that's what women had done to me (cold-like things). Don't know how they do things like that.

• no, never dated

• This isn't insta or twitter for a hashtag