My boyfriend never says I love you to me?

my boyfriend and I have been together for a year and 3 months and he never says I love you I've tried to over text message and he just doesn't answer back to me. I feel like he really doesn't love me

Most Helpful Guy

• This is something you will need to talk out in person. I understand how frustrating that can be. I have been in a similar position and I've been on both ends. It may take more time to develop the feelings for one person in the relationship.

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow a year and he still hasn't said it? If he doesn't respond back then I say he doesn't feel the same way about you. Some men get in relationship s for the hell it.. it sucks and really isn't fair.. you should confront him about it or break up.. I would just break up

• I said to a girlfriend I had and she broke up with me because she "wasn't ready for that" even though she said it back.

What Guys Said 4

• It's a sign He doesn't love you. Forget him and move on.

• I guess he doesn't love you

• He'll say it when he really means it. If he said it all the time it would cheapen it.

• i hate that word so much.

What Girls Said 7

• Have you spoke to him about that?

Wow a year and 3 months. That would be a deal breaker for me. Receiving affection from a potential partner is a number one quality they must have.

• He might love you. Some people aren't vocal you know. I'm the same way because my siblings text that they love me and although I love them more then myself, I've never said it back.

• maybe he needs time

• this is 100% something you need to be straight up with and ask him!

• Although actions prove how someone feels about you , it's still nice to hear those 3 words. It's important to tell someone you love them. It helps them to feel wanted, safe and secure. Words and actions need to harmonise , so it's important to show someone you love them by the way you treat them as well as by telling them.

Talk to him, tell him how you feel. Some people find it difficult to express themselves verbally. Everything you've stated here is reasonable. Xx

• maybe he doesn't love you yet? and that's ok because it's only been three months. you can't rush love, don't worry, it'll happen

• I have the opposite problem. My boyfriend says he loves me from time to time and doesn't me it. At least you know he is honest lol.