Have you ever struggled finding someone you're attracted to who's single?

just like the question says, im in college and honestly I haven't met someone I'm attracted to who's single. I'm not resorting to online dating because that stuff is lame lol. I'm just asking if anyone else encountered this misfortune lol.

518

Most Helpful Girl

• I have, twice now. Its annoying that I once started to wonder how one could find someone that you like who isn't in a relationship as you get older. I think its why its best to date someone close to you than a stranger as you will know their status before you start to like them like them. But yeah, you are not alone.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why is online dating lame? It's just another way of meeting women.

• you can get catfished lol

• oh wow. how did that go?

• I had good luck with online dating. I did it in 2007-2008 and again in 2015. I have probably had 30-40 first dates. One of them posted pictures that were taken 100 pounds ago. One of them lied about her age but her picture was accurate. All of the others were honest about themselves. Most of those first dates did not result in a second date, but six or seven of them did. I found the woman I am dating now on POF. We have been dating almost 2 years.

Online dating lets you sort through many women and automatically eliminate those with deal breakers, like smoking. So you increase the odds of compatibility when you do agree to meet someone, but of course it is not a guaranteed compatible relationship. And people can lie about not smoking but they can lie about themselves however you meet them. It's just another place to meet women.

What Girls Said 4

• For sure. I definitely have that problem now at my school.

• I struggle finding someone I'm attracted to period.

• Basically I find a couple of guys cute in my area. I'm trying not to literally start a relationship with someone despite my last relationship (which was my first time last year lol) I just want to be friends with guys but I never manage to stick with them cuz we lose contact and I feel as if I'm not worth to talk to at least cuz I feel the guy is friends with other girls and he's too cute to be talking to me lmao

• *friends with cute guys

• I mean I'm supposed to not be allowed to date yet cuz I need to focus on my education first but I just find being friends with cute guys look cool to have lol I wish I could be good friends with my crush even though I know he might not like me back but as long as we're friends? Lmao

• I've seen girls that are good at school, have a job, and have a boyfriend. And then you'll just watch him be with other girls.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Guys Said 17

• Yes. It's not hard to find one who's physically attractive, but it is hard to find someone I'm attracted to mentally.

• I struggled a lot at finding someone I'm attracted to regardless of relationship status in the first place...

then I figured out the personality is what actually really matters the most to me attractiveness wise.

talk about a pain in the ass to deal with <.<

however I still got really lucky few years ago, and I am still lucky to have my girlfriend

• Generally not. I'm attracted to all kinds of girls as long as they're slim. Actually as long as a girl is slim, I'm generally attracted to her unless her face looks like a monster. So unless all slim girls are taken in your area, I should have had a pretty easy time finding a single one who is attractive to me.

• Even in my 30s, it wasn't hard... there were plenty of single, atttractive, non-fucked up child-free women out there.

• No. But I've struggled to find someone who I'm attracted to who's single who likes me back.

• Yes! All the time. They probably lie about having a boyfriend sometimes though because they don't want to hurt someone's feelings.

• It's almost like all the decent people we're attracted to are taken.. 🤔

• Not really. I meet a lot who are, but I recognize what a big responsibility it is settling down. They're all single moms... when the time is right, l...

• Just be ready for when it happens

• If you have that problem now, at my age you'll be miserable. I'm pretty much stuck with 18 year olds who are not damaged yet

• I've tried everything and nothing ever happens. I've just stopped looking for someone at all. Every woman I meet either isn't interested or is in some kind of relationship

• Kinda why I've stopped looking. Everyone I'm attracted to is taken it seems =/

• Naaah

• yea i do actaully

• Yep. Story of my life. I was in 2 long term relationships but I've gone for years without being able to find someone to date.

• In real life yes, but in online dating no.

That being said, online dating is tough because people have so many options that it's hard to find a committed relationship.

• Yes, sometimes. But it's not all about them being single, but also them being interested. I found a person attractive, but the person wasn't single. But the second person I felled in love with was single, but not interested in me.